I received a message from blackberry.com that says I should update my password in the Blackberry Internet Service. Is this a legit email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 06:12 PM
    Probably not, but check with RIM.
    07-15-10 06:23 PM
    Yes its a valid email send by the BIS servers. I've received it before. It means that you need to update your email account passwords and revalidate the accounts.

07-16-10 02:22 AM
    If you have a Hotmail account, this email is to alert you that you need to re-enter your Hotmail password in BIS. You can do this by going to the setup folder and opening the email settings app.

You used to have to do this every 90-days, but it should now be once a year. And if you have a Hotmail account, then this is indeed a legitimate email (I've received them before myself).

Last edited by Krypto; 07-16-10 at 04:13 AM.
    07-16-10 04:10 AM
    Krypto - I have an Optimum email account. I tried entering the email setup but I couldn't remember the password - so I clicked on 'forgot password?' and I get an email back saying that the password will be sent to my Blackberry but I can't get emails on my Blackberry because of the pw issue, I feel that I am in a Catch 22!
    07-16-10 04:48 PM
    I think something happened to Optimum's servers because I also received the password message. I get a similar message when my exchange server for work goes down. You should be able to log into your Optonline account through a laptop and get your emails. If you get an ie could not connect screen the servers are still down. I was able to reconnect my account this morning.

07-16-10 09:03 PM
    Thanks Bud! Hopefully that helps ditball out!
    07-16-10 11:00 PM
    Thanks Bud! Hopefully that helps ditball out!

07-18-10 05:57 PM
    I'm still not getting my optonline mail on my blackberry. I agree that the problem started when optonline went down, but I have not been able to update my password.

07-18-10 06:00 PM
    I received a message from blackberry.com that says I should update my password in the Blackberry Internet Service. Is this a legit email?

Had this happen to me every time Optonline.net email servers go down. When rim tries to sign on to get your mail.... no joy if server is down....
    When your mail server is up again, just go into email setup and renenter your password and all will be well in river city again...
    07-20-10 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD