I just received an email from [email protected] asking me to update my BIS email password.

"Update the password for [email protected] in the BlackBerry Internet Service! Email messages from [email protected] are not being delivered to your BlackBerry device. To resume receiving email messages from this email address, update the password for [email protected] in the BlackBerry Internet Service:"

Anyone else get this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 10:38 AM
    Sounds like a classic scam!
    04-04-09 10:44 AM
    I would go into email settings icon and update your password...don't use any links in the email in case its phishing..but that's happened to me before where i had to update my password in the email settings application.
    04-04-09 10:46 AM
    Or from your desktop browser go directly the vzw BB set up site ( http //bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw ) and log in and make sure there is not an error next to that email account. That has happened to me once or twice or if you just changed your password. But dont use links since they may take you to fake sites...
    04-04-09 10:50 AM
    I received it, also (along with my wife). I logged onto the Verizon BIS site, but that doesn't seem to be working properly. I also tried obtaining email from the Comcast website, and that is having problems, also.
    04-04-09 10:51 AM
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago with my work email. It was funky for a half-day, then I re-entered my old password and got all of my emails. I was getting the emails on my Entourage account on my laptop the whole time. Weird. Another Cyberspace Mystery (to me, at least...I'm sure someone knew what was going on).
    04-04-09 10:54 AM
    I received it about my 2 comcast email accounts also.
    04-04-09 10:54 AM
    Came to my comcast account as well. Wierd bc I have never lost service to me email either.

I just went to login, clicked on the forgot password link, entered my PIN and it returned an email stating my username and PW dont exist.

Tried to create a new account and it says I already have an account.

Anyone else????
    Last edited by RedBank; 04-04-09 at 11:21 AM.
    04-04-09 11:05 AM
    Through my Storm I keep getting "failed to connect to server" and through my pc I keep getting invalid username/password. I'm thinking to delete the account through my Storm and then add it again???
    04-04-09 11:07 AM
    Hey noobs, Comcast is having a national email server issue. Just chill and wait. Once it's back up, you can go into the email setup and revalidate the account, or do it from the BIS portal on a PC.

Oh and the insult of the day goes to this winner.
    Sounds like a classic scam!
    You're a dumbass. Please learn what the proper BIS error messages are before you try and help people.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 04-04-09 at 11:10 AM.
    04-04-09 11:08 AM
    I just received an email from [email protected] asking me to update my BIS email password.

"Update the password for [email protected] in the BlackBerry Internet Service! Email messages from [email protected] are not being delivered to your BlackBerry device. To resume receiving email messages from this email address, update the password for [email protected] in the BlackBerry Internet Service:"

Anyone else get this?

Comcast email servers are down. Thats the reason your BB cannot connect to your email account and is asking for the password. Comcast is working on the trouble and when it clears up your BB will connect to your comcast account. Give them some time.
    04-04-09 11:09 AM
    Ok thanks guys. Didnt know about the Comcast email servers being down.
    04-04-09 11:12 AM
    Ur gonna get that message anytime ur email server goes down...my work email does this all the time LMAO

To whoever said it was a scam.. Maybe u shouldn't be posting a response if u don't know what ur talking about... No offense... Your just gonna scare and misinform the noobs... And listen to civic... She is always right

04-04-09 11:19 AM
    Hey noobs, Comcast is having a national email server issue. Just chill and wait. Once it's back up, you can go into the email setup and revalidate the account, or do it from the BIS portal on a PC.

Oh and the insult of the day goes to this winner.

You're a dumbass. Please learn what the proper BIS error messages are before you try and help people.
    So when are we not noobs...when our post count get to 5,000
    04-04-09 11:30 AM
    seems like it is still down.
    04-06-09 04:54 AM
    So when are we not noobs...when our post count get to 5,000
    Easy killer. You'll soon learn he does know what he's talking about. Regardless of his post count....

04-06-09 06:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD