Hi, i just received a second hand BB Storm, it came with no install CD

I've been trying for the last 48h to download the Desktop Manager from the blackberry site but the server is mad slow and the file keeps timing out !!

Is there any other place to download the DM ??

All i really want to do at the moment is update the current .75 OS !!

I already got the .113 file, but of course need DM to perform update...
    03-16-09 11:55 AM
    Sometimes the carriers also have the DM file on their sites to post, but I have not experienced the slow times downloading from Blackberry.

There is another option to install which I will describe below, but there is a risk that you can loose your data if you have not completed a backup, but that may not be a problem if you just got the phone.

Download the OS you want to install to your PC and then install it

Go to Program Files/Common Files/Research in Motion/AppLoader on the PC

Delete the Vendor file located near the bottom of the file list

Then double click the Loader.exe file and it will begin the installation of the OS

Good luck
    03-16-09 12:07 PM
    Yes it's no problem my BB is empty anyways, so i will try your method, but at what point should i plug in the BB? also dont i need some kind of Storm drivers? when i currently plug it via USB it asks for drivers, or will the update install them ?? thanks!
    03-16-09 12:30 PM
    DJM1947:

I don't think he'll have that if he didn't install Desktop Manager..?
    03-16-09 12:32 PM
    DJM1947:

I don't think he'll have that if he didn't install Desktop Manager..?
    You may be correct, but I am not sure about that? I know he can download the drivers separately from Blackberry.
    03-16-09 12:36 PM
    Yes it's no problem my BB is empty anyways, so i will try your method, but at what point should i plug in the BB? also dont i need some kind of Storm drivers? when i currently plug it via USB it asks for drivers, or will the update install them ?? thanks!
    Check the location on your computer and see if the APPLoader folder is there after you install 113. Also look to see if you see a drivers folder, if not download the USB drivers from Blackberry. You would connect your phone first and then proceed to the location on your PC, but after installing the OS on the PC.

I don't know what version of DM you were trying to download, but since you have been ahving difficulty, try downloading the english version without Media Manger. It is a much smaller file. I also recommend downloading version 4.6 because some people have found bugs in 4.7. Here is the information so you know what to look for:

Desktop Manager 4.6.0 B27 English - Without Media Manager

File name: 460_b027_english_nomediamanager.exe
    File size: 65.614 MB
    Date posted: 26-Feb-09
    Download Software

Post back what you find and I will continue to try to help
    03-16-09 12:46 PM
    Thank you BB Gurus !! update went fine and without even downloading a single RIM file !!!
    03-16-09 01:49 PM
    Great, happy it well for you.

I suggest you do download DM and use it for routine backups. Try the smaller file I suggested and see if it doesn't download faster for you.
    03-16-09 03:04 PM
    Media manager is a waste of time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD