If I connect to Desktop Mgr with my Storm . . . it shows I have the old .75 PS in place and shows .148 is available. Other than backing up everything, is the upgrade process simply clicking on the new 148 upgrade and install it. Is it that simple??

Thanks
    06-01-09 09:59 AM
    If I connect to Desktop Mgr with my Storm . . . it shows I have the old .75 PS in place and shows .148 is available. Other than backing up everything, is the upgrade process simply clicking on the new 148 upgrade and install it. Is it that simple??

Thanks
    1) this should be in the os forum

2) simply yes, just make sure u BACKUP first!!!
    06-01-09 10:00 AM

Thanks
    Yes. That simple. Just make sure you go into the options where you can choose what to have reloaded to your phone, and make sure you are checking the box to have everything backed up automatically during the upgrade process. You shouldn't have any issues, but if you have backed up your information and your 3rd party apps (two different backup processes), then you have nothing to worry about.
    06-01-09 10:00 AM
    Yes. That simple. Just make sure you go into the options where you can choose what to have reloaded to your phone, and make sure you are checking the box to have everything backed up automatically during the upgrade process. You shouldn't have any issues, but if you have backed up your information and your 3rd party apps (two different backup processes), then you have nothing to worry about.
    lol @morf; but ur explanation is better than mine lol
    06-01-09 10:01 AM
    It is that simple.

Don't forget to back everything up. There should be an option to check to make sure your device is backed up before the update begins. Just go through the options in DM. its relatively straightforward.

if you come across something that you're uncomfortable with, just message us back on this post and someone will be able to walk you through the process.

Good luck.
    06-01-09 10:02 AM
    lol @morf; but ur explanation is better than mine lol
    Yeah... I can be long-winded, but sometimes that is good. I used to work for a place where "peanut butter & jelly" was a big deal... it is soldered into my brain now.
    06-01-09 10:03 AM
    Yeah... I can be long-winded, but sometimes that is good. I used to work for a place where "peanut butter & jelly" was a big deal... it is soldered into my brain now.
    lolol
    10char
    06-01-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD