I have just bought a Blackberry storm and in the top bar where it says you have a new email it says I have one unread email (it doesn't have the red blotch though). Yet when I go into my email to read it it says no new emails.. When I do actually get a new email the top bit says 2 new emails and the bottom says only 1 and when I open it up there is only 1. Any ideas??? very confused!!
    01-07-09 04:05 AM
    Welcome to the forums, Leah.

Your question is kinda wordy and confusing but I did a simple search using the keywords "unread, email, icon" and got a long list of threads that have something to do with that, and I am thinking that if you click within a few of these there will be some answers.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=8487458

Sorry I can't directly answer but this might do the trick. There's a lot to take in on a new device so just be patient. I'm still learning everyday as well!

The 'red blotch'.......hhmmmmmmmm what is that?
    01-07-09 04:16 AM
    if it's shaped like a phone lying on its side it is a missed call.
    below the time and date

the red blotch she is referring to is an asterisk i believe...
    01-07-09 04:36 AM
    I am liking the "red blotch"!!! Welcome to crackberry.. There are tons of info on this topic... My phone does this every now and then for no apparent reason.. I just have learned to live w/ it?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 06:47 AM
    have you checked your messages folder?
    01-07-09 12:47 PM
    I had run into the same problem. Go into the application menu and click on search. If you scroll down to "Show:", one of the options is "Unopened Only". That will bring up all your unopened email.
    03-25-09 02:46 PM
    Could be a missed call. Sometimes if I miss a call, both the little phone icon, and a message icon show up.

Try going into your call log and click on any missed calls. This should make the little envelope go away.
    03-25-09 02:53 PM
    Cute...lol red blotch. My money is on a missed call.
    03-25-09 03:51 PM
    You may be missing the "Messages" icon in your menu.

Hit the Blackberry button when looking at your full main menu and select "show all" if you are. You sometimes get a message from RIM if something has been recently updated on your phone (I forget what but it's happened to me) and it doesn't pop up in any of your mailboxes, just the main 'Messages' area.

Just a thought. I had the same problem until I worked this out.
    03-25-09 03:58 PM
    yay for productive and sociable users out today! its getting better here by the day...
    03-25-09 04:02 PM
    holy resurrected thread batman.. hopefully they figured it out by now
    03-25-09 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD