Another six months of testing maybe aug.
    i hope that VZW gets their next test build out QUICK...idk if anything else has passed network/lab testing though...i'm hearing it might be awhile, idk how long that is, but awhile doesn't sound good
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 05:31 PM
    Kevin has been cleaver in leaking them. I'm hoping he's sitting on 5.0 leak and just need finish up couple things. I mean there atleast 2 os 5.0 version now so maybe we can get the old one.

I don't think Kevin would be holding a leak out on us. The only time I think he would do that is if he didn't get permission to leak it. But if he didn't get permission what was the point of sending it to him in the first place?
    05-12-09 05:34 PM
    moosc, you have the best avatar on this site, the face, then you added the saber when the app came out. Made me chuckle!
    05-12-09 05:34 PM
    I wouldn't be too certain on that one. Just because it isn't public and hasn't been uploaded doesn't mean people outside of RIM and Verizon testing don't have it.
    Is there a link on the CB homepage? No? Then theres no leak. There will always be builds that make it out after RIM posts it on the partners site. Theres only so much that can be done about that.

Do I wish there were not any leaks? Yea, I do. Theres no reason for them. And it makes ermmm "jobs" harder.

This is getting costly, and theres a reason for the lockdown.
    05-12-09 05:48 PM
    If they are outside RIM and Verizon, are they bound by a NDA?
    Absolutely, yes. It is technically Illegal for you to have unreleased firmware.
    05-12-09 05:49 PM
    radio, any answer to the question i posted about relation between builds for different hardware?
    Yes, and no. Its complicated, and to detailed for me to get into. Sorry dude
    05-12-09 05:49 PM
    Could this "friend" leak it to the rest of us?
    I know you guys love to grab the leaks as they come in, but remember, the ones posted (dont quote me, as I dont leak anything nor ever will) are stripped of quite a bit of security.

Now, if someone on here gets a build, thats not leaked, and the correct security is not stripped, watch how fast that PIN is blacklisted.
    05-12-09 05:52 PM
    That's a screen cap from a youtube video
    moosc, you have the best avatar on this site, the face, then you added the saber when the app came out. Made me chuckle!
    05-12-09 05:52 PM
    Thanks for the insight, guys..........God, this forum has been dead and boring lately......if it wasn't for the lounge I wouldn't be checking in everyday like I do. I USED to be on this site 10 times a day looking for tidbits and leaks. NOW, I look forward to the Abyzz, Patches, and Radio for SOLID info. Everything else seems to be hearsay.....
    Thanks again
    05-12-09 05:53 PM
    So your saying OS beta are pin tied? I've mention that before but no believed me
    I know you guys love to grab the leaks as they come in, but remember, the ones posted (dont quote me, as I dont leak anything nor ever will) are stripped of quite a bit of security.

Now, if someone on here gets a build, thats not leaked, and the correct security is not stripped, watch how fast that PIN is blacklisted.
    05-12-09 05:54 PM
    They all ran away. Waiting to here how 5.0.125 is. Any one.. Isn't it leak tues also?

Boy I miss the early days staying up all night waiting for leak. Bashing mods and members. Waiting rooms that meant something. Those where the days.

Without getting into specifics, its great! TBH, in my book its a winner. But thats just me. I'm not a carrier
    05-12-09 05:56 PM
    So your saying OS beta are pin tied? I've mention that before but no believed me

No, I'm saying is w... Errmm RIM, can see your pin. Remember, everyone, EVERYONE, goes through the NOC. No one can escape it, so when you activate/email/pin/message, that traffic hits the NOC.

PIN's can be blacklisted anytime RIM see's fit.
    05-12-09 05:59 PM
    i just wish we could get someone who could actually TALK bout the stuff they do vs. vaguely hint at their opinions
    05-12-09 06:00 PM
    i just wish we could get someone who could actually TALK bout the stuff they do vs. vaguely hint at their opinions
    I'm sorry dude. I say what I can. And I try to help.
    05-12-09 06:05 PM
    Good to hear .125 is a winner Now lets get it leaked. haha. Come on RIM. Work with a carrier to release it!
    05-12-09 06:08 PM
    No, I'm saying is w... Errmm RIM, can see your pin. Remember, everyone, EVERYONE, goes through the NOC. No one can escape it, so when you activate/email/pin/message, that traffic hits the NOC.

PIN's can be blacklisted anytime RIM see's fit.
    So along with with the PIN is the OS version running and the unit? I guess I'm not surprised but it's still interesting.
    05-12-09 06:11 PM
    So along with with the PIN is the OS version running and the unit? I guess I'm not surprised but it's still interesting.
    VZW can see what OS version you're running also.
    05-12-09 06:16 PM
    I think we should make a deal with Radio that if this thread hits 1000 posts he'll leak .125 for 5.0
    05-12-09 06:24 PM
    what if .125 ends up being where RIM rolled 4.7.141 into 5.0, and they're EXACTLY THE SAME?????
    05-12-09 06:27 PM
    I doubt it. I have a feeling .125 will be where the higher 4.7 builds are.
    05-12-09 06:31 PM
    i was joking...
    05-12-09 06:32 PM
    But with the Storm having a whole new input method it will have to be written completely differnt. But still have the same core.
    There's no reason the touch input driver can't be an integral part of the OS, and remain unused on the non-touchscreen devices.... Windows 7 ships with a multitouch driver, not all computers have a multitouch screen.... See where I am going with this?
    05-12-09 06:46 PM
    They can separate the code for input from the core of the OS so it makes it easier to fix things across the board. They don't have to make the control method of the device a tightly integrated part of the OS.
    I don't think they're going to do this; I think all of the input drivers will be present in the core OS, the hardware will be detected at boot time; and the driver will be loaded if the hardware is present. I could be wrong, i'm basing this on the Windows/Linux/MacOS world.
    05-12-09 06:49 PM
    what if .125 ends up being where RIM rolled 4.7.141 into 5.0, and they're EXACTLY THE SAME?????

FTW, I thought we would not go here. hehehe

Good point my friend. Since we know not what they have done it is completely possible.
    05-12-09 06:53 PM
    This is getting costly, and theres a reason for the lockdown.
    Really dumb question here.... How does a leaked OS affect the testing/certification/release process? When a Windows beta leaks, it doesn't seem to mess up the whole release schedule..... Please, explain..... I'm genuinely curious.

I know you say you wish there weren't leaks, but if there weren't; ALL of us Storm users would STILL be stuck with .75; and speaking for myself here; I personally would have switched to a different device had this been the case.
    05-12-09 06:55 PM
1,012 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD