The iPod never had a scroll wheel either...just a volume tuner with 4 standalone buttons...

Things have to change eventually. Just look at the millions (and millions!) of Storms they have sold thus far.
    what?! yea it did, im holding an ipod right in front of me, theres a big fat white circle that i scroll my finger around and it moves my selection up and down...hence....scroll wheel.
    05-14-09 11:22 PM
    Who cares about the storm. They should have called it the natural disaster. Having a blackberry without a keyboard is
    like having an ipod without a scroll wheel. Similarly, having sex with a rubber on is like eating steak with a balloon around your tongue. Do you see what I mean people?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Who cares about the storm. They should have called it the natural disaster. Having a blackberry without a keyboard is like having an ipod without a scroll wheel. Similarly, having sex with a rubber on is like eating steak with a balloon around your tongue. Do you see what I mean people?

DOUBLE POST!!!
    05-14-09 11:27 PM
    I have some PRETTY GOOD connections to people with direct knowledge of this phone, and they are trying to relase this sometime in the August to November time period, a few months after the new Curve. I can CONFIRM there is WIFI. They are gonna really push the fact there is WIFI. This is because some people use the Storm to ether and with the limit it could cause a very bad result when you get your bill. Also another reason for WIFI is so you can "Expand the World's Largest 3G Network Virtually Everwhere."
    05-14-09 11:27 PM
    what?! yea it did, im holding an ipod right in front of me, theres a big fat white circle that i scroll my finger around and it moves my selection up and down...hence....scroll wheel.
    all the ipods i've seen had a touch sensitive piece, not an actual "wheel" that moved...like the chocolateV2?
    05-14-09 11:28 PM
    Have one in your hand... then do what I said above. You can even hold the phone perpendicular to your forearm and it turns off. I have small forearms and it trips it. I can put 3 fingers (like Scout's honor) on the lower part of the screen and it trips it.
    The fact is, there's proximity sensors.

Period...
    05-14-09 11:28 PM
    all the ipods i've seen had a touch sensitive piece, not an actual "wheel" that moved...like the chocolateV2?
    Sorry, its a touch sensitive - not actually turning circular scrolling mechanism. Is that better?

05-14-09 11:31 PM
    The iPod was not popular for YEARS until they moved the buttons under the click wheel. "An mp3 player without buttons? PSH!"

05-14-09 11:33 PM
    I think this is great and a slap in the face at the same time. I do believe Verizon needs to do a special promotion for us loyal Storm owners in order to push this point home.......Verizon needs to give a crap about it's customers
    Sorry, its a touch sensitive - not actually turning circular scrolling mechanism. Is that better?

thank you for the clarification.

the itouch doesn't have a circular touch sensitive area, the whole thing is touch sensitive
    I think this is great and a slap in the face at the same time. I do believe Verizon needs to do a special promotion for us loyal Storm owners in order to push this point home.......Verizon needs to give a crap about it's customers
    you're not going to get another device for free just because a newer version of the phone you currently have came out a year later...that's how marketing and business work. however, they WILL continue to support your "old" phone long after the firs 12 months of its life. you might have to pay for a warantee exchange, but you'll still get tech support assistance, and new software revisions will still be put through testing, and if they're passed, pushed out to end users.

8830WE, that's all i'm saying....
    05-14-09 11:35 PM
    put me in line
    05-14-09 11:37 PM
    I didn't say free I said a special promotion. I don't expect anything free at all. This is an insult
    05-14-09 11:38 PM
    The fact is, there's proximity sensors.

Period...
    Yeah, the same ones the screen uses to detect you touching it with your finger to manipulate the OS functions.
    05-14-09 11:40 PM
    The iPod was not popular for YEARS until they moved the buttons under the click wheel. "An mp3 player without buttons? PSH!"

And this is exactly my point. It was not popular until they made it cool to look at and user friendly. The storm is just okay to look at and a pain my hind parts to use. Its slow, laggy, typing is innacurate, the predictive text sucks, the screen clicking thing is redonkulous (I spelled that wrong on purpose), I would rather spend another $250 on having having my pubes permed by Paul Mitchell then walk into this trap again.

05-14-09 11:41 PM
    I didn't say free I said a special promotion. I don't expect anything free at all. This is an insult
    my bad. what did you mean then?
    Yeah, the same ones the screen uses to detect you touching it with your finger to manipulate the OS functions.
    What???

Are you taking crazy pills?
    And this is exactly my point. It was not popular until they made it cool to look at and user friendly. The storm is just okay to look at and a pain my hind parts to use. Its slow, laggy, typing is innacurate, the predictive text sucks, the screen clicking thing is redonkulous (I spelled that wrong on purpose), I would rather spend another $250 on having having my pubes permed by Paul Mitchell then walk into this trap again.

sounds fun, sign me up!

The OS on my iPod (if you can even call it an OS) is kinda crappy...lags and randomly resets too...
    05-14-09 11:42 PM
    screen doesn't use proximity sensors. It uses the electrical current from your fingers to know that it's being touched.
    05-14-09 11:44 PM
    Like a semi discounted price or the ability to resign a contract for 2 year pricing. You know a little leeway
    05-14-09 11:45 PM
    It's called a capacitive touchscreen, try using the Google and do some more research.
    05-14-09 11:46 PM
    screen doesn't use proximity sensors. It uses the electrical current from your fingers to know that it's being touched.
    whoa whoa whoa, no1 second guesses my civic.

...so who thinks its gonna have flick scrolling? xD
    05-14-09 11:48 PM
    whoa whoa whoa, no1 second guesses my civic.

...so who thinks its gonna have flick scrolling? xD

They don't call it the iPod wave, it's a Touch screen.
    05-14-09 11:50 PM
    They don't call it the iPod wave, it's a Touch screen.
    you can second guess ME all you want.

....does it really sense the electric crap in your hand? is that how ALL touch screens work? i mean how the **** does a piece of glass sense my damn finger....

...then again how the **** do they make tiny bits of metal hold information and stuff...thats some weird crap
    05-14-09 11:51 PM
    No kidding!!!! That's what I'm saying. It's the same technology that senses when a big object (i.e. your dumb head) gets close to it and turns off the screen. Geez.

On second thought.... why am I even arguing with the people with sub 100 posts on here?
    05-14-09 11:52 PM
157 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD