This is dumb!
    05-14-09 08:00 PM
    I just had a thought, and after reading this thread it seems like a possibility. What if this isn't a Storm 2 but the 9520 after all? I mean the looks are a little different, but not dramatically, just like the 8330 is a little different looking than the rest of the 83XX series.
    No this is not the 9520. Why would they redesign the whole device almost just for another carrier? I don't think so.
    05-14-09 08:01 PM
    I think it looks like shat

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 08:08 PM
    Aesthetically it looks great! Looks a bit bigger but thinner. Very exciting and hope more details will be released/leaked soon.
    05-14-09 08:09 PM
    It looks like that photoshopped version of the storm that was floating around last june.

05-14-09 08:18 PM
    No this is not the 9520. Why would they redesign the whole device almost just for another carrier? I don't think so.
    We don't know how redesigned it is on the inside, and I have heard no rumors of a 9520 for other US carriers, just the Storm 2. That combined with radio's comments make me believe this might be indeed a significant improvement but not a completely redone device.

Like I said, Curve 8900...better than the 8830 but still a Curve
    05-14-09 08:40 PM
    not bad. its just weird, tho...i been browsing the web checking out some of the photos of the Onyx and Tour (Niagara, 9630...whatever its called now), and personally, since RIM finally decided to start going all black with the newer models, they seem more attractive to me than this. ive always liked a black/red color scheme. its gonna be a hard decision whether to go with this, but you just cant beat the huge screen on the Storm series. im already planning to grab a Tour when it hits the shelves just to have one. Dammit, RIM's gonna break my a$$
    05-14-09 08:43 PM
    I like it

Radio, can you confirm if the port on the lower right side is the speaker?
    05-14-09 08:54 PM
    i was told that it might come out by the end of this year by a telus rep...now i don't know how accurate this info is but it's what i was told. either way i really cant wait for this phone
    05-14-09 08:58 PM
    i was told that it might come out by the end of this year by a telus rep...now i don't know how accurate this info is but it's what i was told. either way i really cant wait for this phone
    ...lol....
    05-14-09 09:00 PM
    I don't think its storm killer; BlackBerry phones are. Try different from the iphone. But I still like the storm 2

05-14-09 09:04 PM
    One thing I noticed is it still has a 3.2 camera. I know the camera is not a big deal but wouldn't they upgrade that if this was a significant upgrade?

05-14-09 09:07 PM
    what i don't understand is how will the touch sensitive work? doesn't it looks like you would have to click it?
    05-14-09 09:08 PM
    I like it

Radio, can you confirm if the port on the lower right side is the speaker?
    If you look closely... it's not a port... or it sure doesn't look like one. It looks like the piece a lanyard would connect to. You can tell where it connects to the rest of the phone at the top and the bottom. At least that's what it looks like to me.

(I'm thinking the speaker might be underneath that sticker on the back and we just can't see it?)

EDIT: Ok... I blew the picture up a bit...

Maybe it is a port... but why does it look like part of the casing is cut out around the back of it? That's why I thought it might be the part a lanyard would hook to. Know what I mean? Now that I look at it... it looks like the battery cover isn't on the phone yet in that picture... would explain what looks like an indentation in the casing there. Hmmm...

EDIT: One of the pictures of this on Engadget is much clearer, and it is definitely not a lanyard slot. It looks like a speaker.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-15-09 at 06:14 PM.
    05-14-09 09:09 PM

Just wondering what is this thing on top left corner
    05-14-09 09:25 PM
    i kind of look at this as a new suit. probably just a minor hardware revision and no huge changes since it's so soon on the heels of the first storm. looks like the overall dimensions are close to the current storm. probably added wifi. if rim puts a good os on it the change in packaging might just get some people to give it a (second) chance.

not sure if the overall aesthetics are any better than the current storm. i guess we'll see when we get more pictures.
    05-14-09 09:27 PM

Maybe a proximity sensor?
    05-14-09 09:28 PM
    im thinking a locked light. thats the first thing that came to mind when i saw that
    05-14-09 09:33 PM
    Let the theories begin.......
    05-14-09 09:35 PM
    doesnt the 8330 have slight differences from the rest of the series? how can you say for sure what it is and what it isn't?
    05-14-09 09:38 PM

That just looks like a bubble in that plastic protector thing.
    05-14-09 09:39 PM
    doesnt the 8330 have slight differences from the rest of the series? how can you say for sure what it is and what it isn't?
    That's my point, the design changes are slight, by looking at it you can still tell its a Storm, just like looking at the 8330 you can still tell its a Curve even though it doesn't look exactly like other 83XX models.
    05-14-09 09:41 PM
    Another thing that I noticed first off is there is no gap between the screen and the bottom four buttons.....it looks to me as if its all one piece.

05-14-09 09:49 PM
    That just looks like a bubble in that plastic protector thing.
    I think it's to perfect to be a bubble. it wold be smart of RIM to put a proximity sensor in there. that's what pisses me off about my storm.
    05-14-09 09:58 PM

I'm willing to bet it's an air bubble... mine had that when I first took my storm out of it's packaging.
    05-14-09 10:01 PM
157 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD