Hi all,

I have Verizon 9550 Storm 2. Before the unlocking the 3G and WiFi both have worked fine ! After the unlocking the Internet on my phone did stop work ! The WiFi connection pass fine but when I start the browser and try to open some site there is appear the message:

Code:
    "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.If the problem persists please contact your service provider."
    I tried to reinstall the OS a few times, but result is the same every time.Before OS installation I perform Wipe to system files and all aplications with CrackUtil ,and delete the Vendor.xml in AppLoader.
    Despite all , every time the new OS recognizes somehow that the phone is Verizon , and install all Verizon applications and the Verizon`s logos and screens ?!?
    I suspect that the problem with the Internet is maybe relevant with this.
    So my question is how I can to remove the Verizon software , to install the Default (normal) BlackBarry 9550 Storm 2 OS, and to fix the Internet ? Is there some firmware (BIOS) that I must to change ?

Thank you all in advance and please excuse me for my english !
    06-09-10 01:29 PM
    You're thinking way too deeply into this, you just have to change the APN settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-10 01:40 PM
    You're thinking way too deeply into this, you just have to change the APN settings.

Can you explain more in detail please ?
    06-09-10 02:26 PM
    Can you explain more in detail please ?
    You need to search before you make threads.

Search: 9550 unlock no internet

06-09-10 07:53 PM
    Hi all,

I have Verizon 9550 Storm 2. Before the unlocking the 3G and WiFi both have worked fine ! After the unlocking the Internet on my phone did stop work ! The WiFi connection pass fine but when I start the browser and try to open some site there is appear the message:

Code:
    "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later.If the problem persists please contact your service provider."
    I tried to reinstall the OS a few times, but result is the same every time.Before OS installation I perform Wipe to system files and all aplications with CrackUtil ,and delete the Vendor.xml in AppLoader.
    Despite all , every time the new OS recognizes somehow that the phone is Verizon , and install all Verizon applications and the Verizon`s logos and screens ?!?
    So my question is how I can to remove the Verizon software , to install the Default (normal) BlackBarry 9550 Storm 2 OS, and to fix the Internet ? Is there some firmware (BIOS) that I must to change ?

Unlocking will not affect any of those issues.
    06-11-10 10:09 PM

The term that you are looking for is "Debranding". It is not talked about on this forum because it opens up other security hole that allow you to swap ESNs and IMIE numbers around from what I understand. I have yet to figure out how to Debrand the storm line. Yes there is a line of code in the lower level software that identifies these phones as "Verizon phones". Unlocking the phone will have no effect on any of this.
    06-12-10 11:18 AM
    So ,is there ANY way to use WiFi on my unlocked Verizon BB 9550 without Verizon plan or BIS ?
    06-15-10 04:51 AM
    So ,is there ANY way to use WiFi on my unlocked Verizon BB 9550 without Verizon plan or BIS ?
    Open the Browser
    Hit Menu click options then General Setting
    Change your Browser to Hotspot Browser.
    06-15-10 10:29 AM
    Open the Browser
    Hit Menu click options then General Setting
    Change your Browser to Hotspot Browser.

Thanks romman but this doesn`t help Actually Hotspot is the only one option for the browser. I tried and Opera Mini - No Result ...

Any other suggestions ?

Last edited by boboweb; 06-16-10 at 03:36 AM.
    06-16-10 02:58 AM
    like someone else said you need to change your internet settings for the carrier you are using I don't know what those are you'll have to browse the forums or do a google search for the answer.
    06-16-10 04:39 AM
    i think when your Wifi is fully connected, the symbol should be White, not grey.
    06-16-10 08:02 AM
    i think when your Wifi is fully connected, the symbol should be White, not grey.
    That exactly is the whole problem - the WiFi logo is grey ! The phone is tested ot three different routers (networks) , so the problem is in the phone (RIM software)...
    Last edited by boboweb; 06-16-10 at 08:37 AM.
    06-16-10 08:32 AM
    if you cant figure it out, try searching something like "wifi grey" or something like that in the Bold 9000 section. Seems like a lot of people had that issue. I never did so I didn't pay attention to why it happened.

I would first try registering via Host Routing Table. If you haven't already...
    06-16-10 11:27 AM
    The only thing that a white icon indicates is that you are connected to the RIM servers. Is the phone active on any service? If not, is it a legit phone (not blacklisted)? These phones are designed to be connected to a BIS or BES plan, the newer software may have very well found a way to stop the phone from connecting when not on a plan. Just a thought.
    06-16-10 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD