Hey I need help I'm a Att 9700 owner lookin to get a storm 2 but idk what all I want be able to do besides not being able to use 3g what else ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 08:13 PM
    There wouldn't be any other services that you can't use with the Storm 2. The 3G is the only lost functionality.

Let us know if you need any help getting it unlocked
    04-17-10 08:15 PM
    3g is the only thing you will lose. Make sure to check out the Storm2 unlocking thread if you encounter problems with your broswer.

Goodluck.

04-17-10 09:01 PM
    No MMS either.

04-17-10 11:15 PM
    No MMS either.

No mms? Don't u have to go to the setting & change all the verzion code things to att ?

04-18-10 08:52 AM
    No not needed. With the storm 2 you can load the MMS service books, but whenever you need to reboot they disappear and you have reload them manually which is super inconvenient.

04-18-10 11:05 AM
    erm wth?

i am a 9520 unlocked user. and i can use MMS with no problems
    but i can see 3G on my network. Not sure if it is effective this speed i am on ofcourse.. no counter.. but fast enough
    04-18-10 12:33 PM
    No not needed. With the storm 2 you can load the MMS service books, but whenever you need to reboot they disappear and you have reload them manually which is super inconvenient.

I'm using a Storm2 with T-mobile and my MMS works fine. I do not have to send service books after reboots. IDK maybe that's an AT&T issue

04-18-10 12:55 PM
    it is a service book issue, which has to do with carriers. I tried messing with different service books to get it all working and ended up making it worse. I tried enabling the legacy service books and then adding ATT's to that and all that did was make it so i had to load the service books everytime i reboot, but not just for MMS, now browser too. I just wiped my phone and I'm going to deal with no MMS.

I don't know about charges, but you can email pictures to non smartphones just by emailing it to their mobile number. That is one way to get around MMS, but like i said, i have no idea if THEY will incur any charges for that type of message.

Now that that issue is cleared up, for me, I'm pretty happy with my Storm 2 on ATT. I was having some issues holding EDGE and dropping to edge. I just changed my OS (was on .517, now I'm on .517 OOAKDPC .591 hybrid) so I'm curious how my EDGE holds. It holds perfect when I'm on Wifi, but when i go out it will drop to edge right after I try to use data. I can turn my connection off and back on to get it back. It seems once it does LOCK on to EDGE it will stay on EDGE. It just takes a while, i guess.
    04-18-10 01:27 PM
    Hey I need help I'm a Att 9700 owner lookin to get a storm 2 but idk what all I want be able to do besides not being able to use 3g what else ?

Need to get it unlocked and then add a BlackBerry Data Plan in order to get all the features working on it.
    04-18-10 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD