im having a problem with my unlocked storm. i got it yesterday, and it is unlocked, but i still have all of the old owners contacts, etc. i put my tmobile sim in the storm, but it is still running on verizon. i tried to update the os and i keep getting "fatal error occured while updateing" any help would be great. i can make calls on the phone when my sim is inserted.

thanks.
    08-11-09 02:27 PM
    did you go to manage connections then go to mobile network options and change the network technology from 1XEV to GSM/UMTS? also, the contacts being there is the previous owners stupidity for selling the phone and not wiping it. switch what i said in manage connections and it takes like 15 seconds. you will see at the top it will have no signal then it will say SOS then it will say T-Mobile.

Edit: then after you can make a call through the tmobile service, search the forums for how to get service books sent to tmobile from a storm. There are plenty of threads describing that
    Last edited by guitar2989; 08-11-09 at 03:33 PM.
    08-11-09 03:30 PM
    thanks i got it, i just need to update the os system. im new at this bb stuff. from what i read on the forums i know that my os is old. its .75 any sugesstions on which os i should go with?
    08-11-09 05:40 PM
    .151 best out there don't fall into all that hybrid b.s. And no 5.0.140 don't mess with 5.0 till its ready the one floating around is no good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD