I just bought a phone online, unlocked, and when I got it I noticed that it still has full service to make calls and send text messages from the old owner's number. Is there something wrong with that picture?
    05-12-10 10:29 PM
    I just bought a phone online, unlocked, and when I got it I noticed that it still has full service to make calls and send text messages from the old owner's number. Is there something wrong with that picture?
    Other than the fact that the person who sold the phone is an id10t, nope, not at all.
    05-12-10 10:48 PM
    What do I do about this?
    05-13-10 10:35 PM
    I bought a Sprint Tour 9630 (factory unlocked) a few months ago and encountered the same situation. The previous owner had already skipped town and I couldn't get in touch with him (since I purchased his phone). Long story short, he defaulted on his service. For a solid month the phone was totally functional and I was even receiving his calls. After it stopped working, I called Sprint (# something (?) to call cs) to see if the phone was cleared to register and it immediately transferred to the collections department. The phone is still usable for GSM networks but can never have Sprint service again. I don't know if the pin is locked also.

If I were you, I'd call the carrier that the phone is branded and find out if it was reported lost or stolen. Good luck.
    05-13-10 11:42 PM
    What do I do about this?
    if you can make international calls, let me know because i have some family in Cuba to call.
    05-14-10 12:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD