Hi,

Got an unlocked 9550 (VW) activated but I am not getting emails (have BIS plan). I went to tmobile to change the device (PIN and IMEI) but tmobile says "The information you have provided is not valid for this provider."

Also, I can't update the host routing table. It's blank and registering doesn't do anything. APN is set to epc.tmobile.com.

Thanks!
    06-12-10 03:01 PM
    I have the same problem, I got my phone from newegg.com its a Verizon 9550, its unlocked and It was not activated for any service provider... Try to register it to other operator but i get "The information you have provided is not valid for this provider." If I try to register the HRT I never get it.

I called VW support, I provided the guy whit my PIN, IMEI and MEID (both dec and hex) and the guy says that the phone it's already asociated to another customer... but I got the phone from an online store, the phone was well packed and they only opend the box to unlock the phone...

I then callend Newegg support, they told me that the phone was never activated and that it could be a factory problem...

What can I do in order to solve this?? Shouldn't VW support get in contact with RIM and try to make them release the phone???
    06-12-10 03:11 PM
    If the device is recorded to another person, then you will need to contact the original owner and have them release the device PIN.
    06-12-10 03:45 PM
    In t-mobile choose a blackberry 9700 (because they don't support the storm) as your device. Then choose the tab "connect and share" and under that tab pick the "configure email"
    After adding your email accounts and putting your Storm PIN, choose service books and hit send service books.
    06-12-10 04:36 PM
    T-Mobile no longer allows storm devices to be supported on their network.

It was reported on the blogs a few days ago here.

T-Mobile killing service to unlocked Storm devices? | CrackBerry.com
    06-12-10 04:38 PM
    T-Mobile no longer allows storm devices to be supported on their network.

It was reported on the blogs a few days ago here.

T-Mobile killing service to unlocked Storm devices? | CrackBerry.com
    Yes, but the blog was asking............Noboday knows for sure, what is going on.
    06-12-10 04:40 PM
    I'm temporarily using a 9530 on T-Mobile. I have all features working.

All I did was go to Options > Advanced Options > TCP/IP > Make sure APN Settings Enabled is check.

Next to APN: Type the following:

epc.tmobile.com

Save

On the HOME SCREEN Go to Manage Connections > Mobile Network Options > Make sure Data Services is: ON
    and make sure While Roaming is: ON

Save any changes

Restart the phone
    06-12-10 04:43 PM
    Also, doesnt hurt to do the following

Open Phone > Dial ##000000

You will be presented with a new screen. Erase everything in the first line and enter in your phone number.

Press Menu Key, and select Save. Phone will automatically restart.
    06-12-10 04:47 PM
    Problem here is that I can't put my PIN into the tmobile site because it says the information is not valid for this provider. I did change all APN settings and that didn't do anything. I called tmobile today and they said the PIN was provisioned for VW and it has to be "unprovisioned" or released by them before it can be used on tmobile. Of couse, VW is refusing to do anything because I am not their customer.

So, I contacted the seller of the phone to ask VW to release it and he said VW said it will be released when the new billing cycle starts which will be in 4 days so I will wait and see what happens.
    06-13-10 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD