So im not new here at all but I am trying to figure this ? out... I see everyone unlocking their phones to I assume work on other networks towers... I travel out of town every week to my girlfriends house and it seems I get great signal until I go in her neighborhood haha

If I call up Verizon and ask them if they can unlock it for me, lets say they do... Will my phone work on centennial towers (dominant in her small town in the booniez) and if so will I have to pay extra for roam for data or calls?

I see in my network settings if I switch it to 3g it turns auto onto centennials towers but I have sos mode on because its locked out of calls...

Hopefully someone can help me out with this quick ?... Please?

-Your Friend Wayne D
    03-18-09 02:17 PM
    Unlocking your phone will allow you to use another providers SIM card for service on a GSM network. Of course the SIM card you use must be on a subscription with that provider. It has nothing to do with roaming with Verizon's service.
    03-18-09 03:08 PM
    Unlocking your phone will allow you to use another providers SIM card for service on a GSM network. Of course the SIM card you use must be on a subscription with that provider. It has nothing to do with roaming with Verizon's service.
    Thanks for the feedback... I wish there was a way to steal their tower signal I go from 0 bars to full scale once I leave her house, maybe I should get a new gf jk lol
    03-18-09 03:13 PM
    Thats what I was going to suggest. New Girlfriend=New Town (hopefully!)=Stronger Signal=Happy Storm
    03-18-09 03:16 PM
    Thats what I was going to suggest. New Girlfriend=New Town (hopefully!)=Stronger Signal=Happy Storm
    I dunno guys, my gf might want to hope RIM doesnt come out with a pleasure function in the new OS... haha
    03-18-09 03:19 PM
    Pleasure function? Ummm.......ok.......
    03-18-09 03:21 PM
    Pleasure function? Ummm.......ok.......

lol my bad tmi?
    03-18-09 03:42 PM
    how does one go about watching movies on his storm?

can i go to any streaming movie site and just start watching?
    03-18-09 03:48 PM
    how does one go about watching movies on his storm?

can i go to any streaming movie site and just start watching?

Not to be a mean guy but click on the search up above and type in what you want, they talk about that everywhere in these forums search is your best friend!
    03-18-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD