I used unique phone and it worked for me.
    03-15-09 02:36 AM
    UniquePhones really has more patience then I would, seeing as
    how every situation i've read was user error.
    You got to realize now he probably just won some customers for how he handled it. I work for VzW and we credit back for User Error. Everyone makes mistakes, we'd rather credit you for your mistake and you come back for 10 more years versus say "sorry user error" and you go to another provider.
    03-15-09 03:46 AM
    Also, I talk to lots of Customers regarding unlocking.. and if I need to refer someone I can use him now because I know he's responsive. Probably bring him some more business, that or Horizon like CX posted. Both are great!
    03-15-09 03:48 AM
    For some reason people are angry at UniquePhones because they chose the wrong carrier, this is NOT UniquePhones fault, pay attention to what you are doing and read the instructions. I have received a code from UniquePhones and everything went perfect, and I would vouch for these guys any day.
    03-16-09 05:18 PM
    I double-checked my operator and IMEI number.
    Everything was ok.

The unlock code didn't work and I opened a ticket (#PAV-106288) in support service.

The last response was "I'm escalating this issue to our technical team for you. You should have a reply within the next 24 hours."

Well, it was seven days ago.

I acquired the unlock code because I didn't want to wait for my operator for 10 days.

I think my free unlock code will arrive earlier then UniquePhones and I will lose my money.

It's not the problem with the unlock code that bothers me. It can be my mistake.

What bothers me is the lack of response of support team...
    03-31-09 08:41 AM
    For me this thread shows two things

I sometimes make mistakes and blame other people because at that momment I havn't a clue what caused things to go wrong and clearly in many of the complaints the wrong code was issued because the person buying the unlock code gave insufficient or the wrong information..you can't blame uniquephones for that!

and two we assume that because we use something that it should have a 24hour cover and immediate help right now! I Don't want to offend uniquephones so I apoligise if this comes over wrong

I would imagine unique phones like many other unlock companies are a small company doing a large amount of business at a good market rate, it would be silly to assume they have international call centres working 24 hours a day.

Trouble is today some seem to want multinational support whilst paying fleemarket prices..a little bit of common sense needs to be applied methinks
    03-31-09 09:05 AM
    So, and what do you think about 7 days (not 7 hours) without any response, when someone says that will reply in 24 hours ?

They said this. Not me !

I found a good explanation in SIM-Unlocker about UniquePhones wrong codes. Makes a lot of sense to me:

"... Other unlockers can just read the code stored in the BK1C partition, if the phone has the factory locked code.

If the GSM operator decides to use its own MSL code (instead of accepting the factory one), the unlock code is stored in a “security area” of the phone, which other available unlockers can’t read. This is the problem you are facing in many operators around the world who decide to relock the phone with their own simlock code when they get it, before shipping it to the customers ...
    "
    Last edited by ramat; 03-31-09 at 09:33 AM.
    03-31-09 09:19 AM
    So, and what do you think about 7 days (not 7 hours) without any response, when someone says that will reply in 24 hours ?

They said this. Not me !

I found a good explanation in SIM-Unlocker about UniquePhones wrong codes. Makes a lot of sense to me:

"... Other unlockers can just read the code stored in the BK1C partition, if the phone has the factory locked code.

If the GSM operator decides to use its own MSL code (instead of accepting the factory one), the unlock code is stored in a �security area� of the phone, which other available unlockers can�t read. This is the problem you are facing in many operators around the world who decide to relock the phone with their own simlock code when they get it, before shipping it to the customers ...
    "
    Would it be possible to provide your OrderID please?
    03-31-09 09:48 AM
    For sure !
    My Order-Id is 556231
    03-31-09 09:52 AM
    For sure !
    My Order-Id is 556231
    You're order has been refunded. You'll be contacted later this morning by a support agent with your code and an explanation.

Sorry for the delay.
    03-31-09 10:11 AM
    I will wait for the contact.
    03-31-09 10:22 AM
    I tried them also first I took over 12 hours to get the codes then the codes didnt work then they came back and said they couldnt generate a code that worked. I haven't checked my bank account this week but im still waiting for a refund. Before I use them again I'll use some yahtzee dice
    03-31-09 11:33 AM
    My order was refunded by UniquePhones.
    They tried to generate another code for me without success, what enforces the explanation of a custom lock code used by TIM Brazil.

I tried SIM-Unlocker site and, in five minutes, I could generate the unlock code successfully. This site uses a program to read the lock code and generate the unlock code.

I would like to present my excuses to this Forum members for using this topic as a Customer Service.

I think UniquePhones could avoid all of this if they solved the problem in its support site at first.

Luck me that I could find this Forum. Google is your friend...
    Last edited by ramat; 04-01-09 at 09:05 AM.
    04-01-09 07:53 AM
    This continues to be a constant theme with Unique Phones. This is not the only thread their customers have had to start to get satisfaction. Why would people go to them after the poor customer support.
    I used a CB member ngreen they have a ebay site where you can read feedback from actual customers who have used their service not fakes, you can contact them by PIN, email, msn messenger, and will even give phone number for live help. They helped me unlock my Telus phone after 3 months of people saying can't be done.
    I feel sorry for people that feel the only way they can get Unique to respond is to have to start a thread on a forum format to get answers.
    Thanks for your opinion. Just to hit on a few of your points. We're bring in toll free support numbers both in the USA & UK, this will be completed in April. We're also launching our own eBay store and we won't be charging silly prices either.

As for Telus, you should have checked our blog as we've been doing them for free.

As for our current support, click the Live Support button on any of our pages 9 - 5 EST and get an answer instantly.

Let me know if I can answer any other of your concerns.
    04-01-09 09:11 AM
    I bought a code for my storm 9500 from uniquephones on the morning of 31/03. The code arrived immediately, but didnt work. The email containing the code instructed me to email support@, so I did, but didnt hear back. After waiting a couple days, i read this thread and decided to try the site's "Live Support" feature. I got through pretty quickly, explained my problem and was basically put on hold for 20 mins only to have the attendant tell me that they couldnt help me and that they needed to refer me to the "tech team." What good is support if it cant help?

Anyhow, they submitted a ticket and told me that I would have to wait another 24 hours. Here I am, 24 hours later and still no help. Not a happy camper.
    04-03-09 08:49 AM
    For ktz,

My sincere apologies for the delay in support you've received. I will personally assist you with this problem. Please contact me at [email protected]. I am comitted to making this right for you and finding a resolution that will meet your satisfaction. I appreciate the opportunity.

Camella Tierney
    04-03-09 10:59 AM
    For ktz,

I'm glad the new codes worked for you. Because of the inconvenience you experienced, I have refunded your order and generated two discount coupons for you. These will give you 100% off your next two orders. Just enter the codes I provided in the email. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to make this right for you.

Camella Tierney
    04-03-09 04:03 PM
    Boy we were not expecting this reply. Sorry we did not take care of you when you had problem but since you went to a forum to complain we will give you two free coupons for those two extra phones you don't have or are going to buy in the future. Look at all threads same ol same ol.

Unique is due to start a thread to give away codes soon with all the complaints.
    That's how they justify all the poor customer service, give away codes and have people post.
    Sad Sad Sad too many people this as happened to.
    Hey,

You seem to have a real problem. Is there anything we can do to help? We processes thousands of orders and those that fail we try to put right with refunds and helping them as much as we can. Do you feel it is wrong to do this?

It would be awesome if you could give us some suggestions on how you feel we could improve. We'd even be willing to give you a few coupons so you could actually try the service and become a little more informed before providing us with real feedback.
    Last edited by UniquePhones; 04-03-09 at 04:51 PM.
    04-03-09 04:47 PM
    My situation has been fixed (and then some). Camella personally sorted out my problem, sent me new codes (that worked), refunded my original order, and followed up to make sure all was well, and gave me a voucher for my next order. Above and beyond the call of duty if you ask me.

I really feel like what seems like lack of customer service may be hiccups in their system. They would bother going through all of that if they werent committed to good customer service (at least in my crackberry n00b opinion). Here's to hoping they get their site issues fixed soon (because Im convinced that was what caused the hiccup in my case).

Thanks again Camella.
    04-03-09 06:26 PM
    SLG666... we've heard you already. Were you serviced by UniquePhones? If so, has it been as many times as you've replied? No need to keep responding. Thanks.
    04-04-09 02:47 AM
    I purchased my unlock code hours ago.. and still waiting. process time 1-3 mins, its been more like 1-3hrs plus some.. wanted this phone unlocked this weekend.. hopefully sooner than later!!

cant locate my order# but here's my receipt# 3582-8641-4150-2350.. help!!
    04-12-09 02:04 AM
    I can see we have no pending BlackBerry orders over 2 minutes.

Chances are your e-mail is in your SPAM folder, check it or check www.UniquePhones.com/Track.html.

Let me know if that works. If it doesn't, reply back with your IMEI please.
    04-12-09 05:31 AM
    I can see we have no pending BlackBerry orders over 2 minutes.

Chances are your e-mail is in your SPAM folder, check it or check Manage Your Order | UniquePhones.

Let me know if that works. If it doesn't, reply back with your IMEI please.
    thanks so much. checked spam it was there. entered the first code.. and viola! thanks a bunch.. will recomend in the future... i will be back!
    04-12-09 09:03 AM
    thanks so much. checked spam it was there. entered the first code.. and viola! thanks a bunch.. will recomend in the future... i will be back!
    Not a problem. On your next order enter your cell phone number on checkout and you'll get your codes by SMS or check it on the order tracking area.

I've sent you a coupon code to get your next order for free.
    04-12-09 12:34 PM
    I'm SO TIRED of hearing you cry babies whine like 2 year olds. NOBODY CARES THAT YOU DIDN'T GET YOU CODE IN 1-MINUTES!!!

Unique is one of the most generous vendors on this site, and if couldn't figure out how to ge your code for free- you're obviously not very smart. Stop trying to ruin their image because you'd rather throw tantrum in hopes for a little attention! If you have a problem, resolve it outside of the forums.

Jeeez...I wonder if you guys run through the whole restaurant screaming your heads off when McDonalds accidentally put onions on your burger!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 12:50 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD