is there a way to uninstall apps on the storm? any help would be greatly appreciated =D
    12-24-08 08:37 PM
    is there a way to uninstall apps on the storm? any help would be greatly appreciated =D
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Highlight the application you want to remove and click the BlackBerry key, then click Delete.
    12-24-08 08:42 PM
    Apologies for hi-jack the thread but what would be the benefit to uninstalling apps and can you restore them once removed?

Thanks
    12-24-08 08:46 PM
    In most cases, the applications you would want to remove would be third-party applications that you have decided you don't want or need. Things like Weatherbug, etc. You should be careful that you don't delete things like your System Software or other BlackBerry applications necessary to the functioning of your phone.
    12-24-08 08:50 PM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Highlight the application you want to remove and click the BlackBerry key, then click Delete.
    thank you very much =) very helpful
    12-24-08 08:58 PM
    When you delete the application that you choose, the phone might need to do a restart(it will have a prompt if the phone needs to).
    12-24-08 09:00 PM
    Thanks.
    12-25-08 10:21 AM
    Apologies for hi-jack the thread but what would be the benefit to uninstalling apps and can you restore them once removed?

Thanks
    All apps are stored on the phone, not the SIM, although a 3rd party app is available to move the apps from the Sim to the phone. It has not received very good reviews. By deleting unwanted apps, you free up space. Also, if they run in the background (i.e. TalkLock and Weatherbug), then you free up system resources if you find you don't need or like them.
    You can back up your 3rd party apps by reviewing this thread in which case you can restore them later. Very helpful when doing a wipe clean and re-install of your OS. Save you from trying to re-install them if they were OTA's.
    12-25-08 10:42 AM

Thanks
    In most cases, the applications you would want to remove would be third-party applications that you have decided you don't want or need. Things like Weatherbug, etc. You should be careful that you don't delete things like your System Software or other BlackBerry applications necessary to the functioning of your phone.
    Deleting non core applications like Password Keeper is simple to do on the device. If you ever change your mind, restoring them will require the use of a Windows computer and the BlackBerry software.

Smuuth's advise is good, you do what to be careful. However, it is not possible to delete the core applications, there is no risk of bricking the device using this technique.
    12-25-08 11:39 AM
    I am unable to stop "Download logMaid" from showing up under the History area in my browser. Is there a way to do this ?

I downloaded logmaid quite some time ago. It did what it said but it wasn't quite what I was looking for so I deleted it using Options > Advanced Options > Applications > logMaid > then hit "delete" using the BB key. The application no longer appears in "applications" and is no longer working.

However, as stated above, it shows up under my browser in the history area and I am unable to remove it. Can anyone assist ? Thanks
    02-24-09 11:51 AM
    Think your referring to it just showing up in your net history, which can be cleared by:

Open browser/BB button/Options/Cache Operations/Clear History
    02-24-09 12:49 PM
    Thanks Midnight Q...that did the trick.
    02-24-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD