As nerdy and unessciary as this is, I want it! I wonder if it will be compatible for the Storm. Who else here is getting it? This should be amazing though, now when I lose my remote and phone I can at least call one of them to find it! haha.

Review: Unify4Life BlackBerry AV Remote | CrackBerry.com
    11-18-08 07:18 PM
    Think of the other uses for it.

Changing the channel while at the sports bar right before the home team scores.

Keep turning off the monitor during a business meeting while no one knows what's going on.

Messing with the flat panel displays while at Best Buy.

I mean, the options are endless for causing havok.
    11-18-08 07:22 PM
    i think you just sold me on it... I was thinking it would be such a hassle to carry around that box. but now I can turn off the projectors during my teachers presentations...
    11-18-08 07:23 PM

Keep turning off the monitor during a business meeting while no one knows what's going on.

Hahahaha, now that is some evil thinking right there. Right on...
    11-18-08 07:32 PM
    Im planning on getting it, but leaving the box at home so that I can just use it for home entertainment purposes. This will be pretty cool on the Storm.
    11-18-08 07:36 PM
    When it becomes compatible, if it truly is universal, for sure...
    11-18-08 07:54 PM
    When I was in highschool I had a pda (smartphones didn't exist back then). Anyways I had a remote control program installed on it and it had an IR port. Also every classroom had a tv in it. This was the perfect mix to make people go crazy. I would turn the tv on in the middle of class and turn the volume all the way up. When my teachers would go to turn it off I would turn the tv off. When they would start to walk away I would turn it back on again. It was soo much fun until I told too many people and everyone would look at me and laugh, then I got busted lol. It was nice though in some cases. There was a local sports bar we would go to on Saturday to watch college football and we would try to get them to change the channel for 30min or so, but with the app we could just put the game on right away .
    11-18-08 08:57 PM
    ahhh I remember those days... I did the exact same thing. What was that pda called? it wasnt a palm...
    11-18-08 08:58 PM
    Handspring...
    11-18-08 09:03 PM
    ahhh I remember those days... I did the exact same thing. What was that pda called? it wasnt a palm...
    I owned a palm tungsten (then replace it with the Zire71 when it came out a few years later) and used the app called novii remote. It had a wide variety of brands installed right away so switching tv brands wasn't too hard. Although for some ofthe larger brands like sony there would be quite a few codes you would have to select before you chose the right one. It was fun but I don't think I actually used it on my own tv.
    11-18-08 09:05 PM
    Hahahaha, now that is some evil thinking right there. Right on...
    Actually, I used to have one of those watches that had a remote built into it. I can't believe I didn't get caught more often than I did. I actually got banned from one bar because of it.

Oh how I loved the early 90's and that watch.
    11-18-08 09:07 PM
    Oh, I've got to get this! This has to be the greatest invention ever (well maybe not ever, but still pretty F'ing sweet!)
    11-18-08 09:11 PM
    So I've had a pretty ****ty day, but reading this post pretty much made me laugh through the whole thing.

ah i so want to get it now. I hope it's storm compatible.
    11-18-08 09:51 PM
    I don't get what the AV Hub is for? Would you need to hook the Hub up to every TV you want to change channels with on your BB?
    11-18-08 10:00 PM
    NAHH! don't think I will be getting one. but the evil things you can do are endless. I just think I'm a little too old for those tricks lol!! Plus I have enough stuff in my purse with bottles and sippy cups I don't need anything else in there lol!
    11-18-08 10:03 PM
    I don't get what the AV Hub is for? Would you need to hook the Hub up to every TV you want to change channels with on your BB?
    Wow... go to the main page and read the review dude.... It's all laid out there for you
    11-18-08 10:03 PM
    Good question. That would kill the naughty fun, but even the watch I had years ago didn't need a receiver where the device had to be plugged into to operate. If this is the case with that hub-like thing, it would be a few steps in the wrong direction.
    11-18-08 10:05 PM
    haha i NEVER thought of screwing with people with it. im SO getting this now lol
    11-18-08 10:07 PM
    Wow... go to the main page and read the review dude.... It's all laid out there for you
    I did, Do you know what Assume means?

Good question. That would kill the naughty fun, but even the watch I had years ago didn't need a receiver where the device had to be plugged into to operate. If this is the case with that hub-like thing, it would be a few steps in the wrong direction.
    That is what I thought, just wasn't sure.
    11-18-08 10:09 PM
    Has anyone heard anymore on this app? The website says it will be shipping Dec 2008. Is it available for the Storm?
    12-04-08 04:12 PM
    I'm very interested in Unify4Life, since my universal Marantz remote died a few months ago.

I'm waiting to hear about Storm compatibility, which Mike @ unify4Life mentioned in a posting, that it would be Storm compatible around December. Though, there's no confirmation on CB or on the U4L site.
    01-06-09 11:53 AM

Hahahah, indeed...
    01-06-09 12:08 PM
    Silly me, don't you need the hub to transmit the UV/RF signal?

Does anyone seriously think the Hub will be battery powered?

I can see it now " Excusem me waitress will you please run an extension cord out here form the kitchen so i can plug in my Unity4life and change the tv channels?"
    01-06-09 01:26 PM
    Cool and certainly nerdy to the umpth degree!
    01-06-09 01:34 PM
    Silly me, don't you need the hub to transmit the UV/RF signal?

Does anyone seriously think the Hub will be battery powered?

I can see it now " Excusem me waitress will you please run an extension cord out here form the kitchen so i can plug in my Unity4life and change the tv channels?"
    I assume the BB communicates w/ the hub via BT?
    01-06-09 02:16 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD