I'm disappointed that my BlueTooth headphones keep cutting out; someone mentioned it was because of the 607 OS.

Can anyone make a suggestion regarding a different OS?

What are the pros and cons of going back to 320?
    06-07-10 01:56 PM
    Any Lyridical .517 base is awesome. The biggest benefit of his hybrids is that they are foolproof. Just install the base (.517) and then download his .517 based hybrid and click on it. That's it, it does all the work for you. They're really brilliant. You won't be sorry.
    06-07-10 02:01 PM
    451 runs nicely on mine. I hear 428 & 517 (without hybridization) are good too.
    06-07-10 02:05 PM
    Any Lyridical .517 base is awesome. The biggest benefit of his hybrids is that they are foolproof. Just install the base (.517) and then download his .517 based hybrid and click on it. That's it, it does all the work for you. They're really brilliant. You won't be sorry.
    If you are open to hybrids...

I'm actually very happy with the .607 based .705 hybrid that I'm running now. Easily the best battery life I've ever had on this thing.
    06-07-10 02:10 PM
    I'm disappointed that my BlueTooth headphones keep cutting out; someone mentioned it was because of the 607 OS.

cons of 320 - you lose pop up keys.
    06-07-10 02:41 PM
    When you say "just install the base (.517)", does that mean for me to download it to my computer and then install it on my BB?

And then "download his .517 based hybrid" on my laptop and "click on it" there?

I'm not real astute with this stuff; guess I'll have to search the forums for directions. I'm okay with doing a standard upgrade, but never downgraded or installed a hybrid.
    06-07-10 02:49 PM
    If you are open to hybrids...

I'm actually very happy with the .607 based .705 hybrid that I'm running now. Easily the best battery life I've ever had on this thing.
    Do you know if it corrects the bluetooth issue?
    06-07-10 02:58 PM
    When you say "just install the base (.517)", does that mean for me to download it to my computer and then install it on my BB?

And then "download his .517 based hybrid" on my laptop and "click on it" there?

I'm not real astute with this stuff; guess I'll have to search the forums for directions. I'm okay with doing a standard upgrade, but never downgraded or installed a hybrid.
    Not exactly. The "Base" OS must first be installed on your computer (NOTE: It does NOT have to be installed on the BB), then you install the hybrid files into that base OS folder on your C: drive...THEN you install the new hybrid OS onto your BB.

So basically, it's the same as a standard OS install, with one very important middle step: Install the hybrid files into the base OS folder on your computer.

Do you know if it corrects the bluetooth issue?
    Sadly I do not...I don't really use BT. There may be comments about that in the thread I linked to on my last post, or you may be able to bring up the question there to see if anyone knows.
    06-07-10 03:06 PM
    Not exactly. The "Base" OS must first be installed on your computer (NOTE: It does NOT have to be installed on the BB), then you install the hybrid files into that base OS folder on your C: drive...THEN you install the new hybrid OS onto your BB.

So basically, it's the same as a standard OS install, with one very important middle step: Install the hybrid files into the base OS folder on your computer.

Sadly I do not...I don't really use BT. There may be comments about that in the thread I linked to on my last post, or you may be able to bring up the question there to see if anyone knows.
    the thing about bluetooth and 607 is that some folks have ZERO issues and others have complaints. I've got a couple of Jabra SP700's and my wife has a Motorola (I think) unit and both work fine, including A2DP. No volume issues. No issues with voice dialing. Seems like those with complaints are experiencing a synergistic issue similar to my "N" issues on my home network. I've got an N router and a Toshiba laptop with an N chip in. No joy in getting them to hook up at N speeds, however. Tried all sorts of things until I've exhausted my bag of "tricks". Technology doesn't always play nice from one device to another...
    06-07-10 03:12 PM

I do appreciate the help...I'm downloading 517 now.

Thanks!
    06-07-10 03:12 PM
    I do appreciate the help...I'm downloading 517 now.

Thanks!
    Please note that the I hybrid I specifically linked to uses .607 as a base. Lyricidal has some great .517 hybrids, so check them out if you feel like it. Of course, a lot of folks like .517 right out of the box, so you may not want to tinker with it at all...
    06-07-10 03:15 PM

RocketFish bluetooth and they work fab on OOAK's 517/604 hybrid. I think the official SaskaTel 517 and hybrids with that base are way better than anything that's come out (official or hybrid) with the 607 base.

These RocketFish rocket on OOAK's hybrid, but still some minor issues. Read the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...eadset-479777/
    06-07-10 04:16 PM
    RocketFish bluetooth and they work fab on OOAK's 517/604 hybrid. I think the official SaskaTel 517 and hybrids with that base are way better than anything that's come out (official or hybrid) with the 607 base.

These RocketFish rocket on OOAK's hybrid, but still some minor issues. Read the link

http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ne...eadset-479777/
    I actually read your thread earlier as I was investigating solutions to my problem.

I already have a pair of Samsung bluetooth headphones (SBH500) that have great sound, but they didn't work well with 607.
    06-07-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD