A co-worker and I both have Storms on Verizon. We just downgraded his to .86 from .90 and are trying to set it back up again with his 3 e-mail accounts. We logged into his BIS site and deleted and re-added all 3 e-mail accts (Yahoo, Gmail, and vzw.blackberry accounts) but once added they are not transferring over to his Storm and when we try to resend the books from the site or from the e-mail settings from his Storm, it says "Unable to send service books. Try again later." from the BIS site or "Update failed" when sent from the phone itself (e-mail settings).
    Any ideas why?? My Storm is having books sent it just fine, but his is not working (therefore can't be an outage). Also, his data is turned on and we have registered in the HRT. We have wiped his device and reinstalled .86 from scratch and still no-go.

Thanks.
    Last edited by guts311; 02-02-09 at 02:22 PM.
    02-02-09 02:18 PM
    RIM has confirmed there are server issues right now, I am in the same boat.... my internet is working but my email is down.... just hang tight, it seems to be a nationwide issue..... for some... not for all
    02-02-09 02:32 PM
    yeah but then why does my Storm do all that just fine whether it be from the phone's e-mail settings or from the Verizon BIS settings???
    I also checked on the DataOutages site and didn't see anything there or on this forum..
    All that the Outages site says is about a Texas outage and we're in CT on the east.
    His e-mail was working before the downgrade but that doesn't make sense.

Can someone else please give their input? Thanks.

EDIT: another thing is that everytime we log into his BIS account online, it asks for PIN and ESN every single time now when obviously it shouldn't. It does let him log in but again, service books don't send and if we log out and log in again, it asks for PIN and ESN again. What is going on??

Mine works perfect so it makes no sense to us..
    Last edited by guts311; 02-02-09 at 02:41 PM.
    02-02-09 02:33 PM
    VZW/RIM has confirmed that there is a nationwide email issue across multiple carriers. They're working on the issue.
    02-02-09 02:41 PM
    thanks, can you point me to where this is announced? Also, how could it affect one person but not another with the same exact device/carrier..when his worked fine right before a simple downgrade?
    02-02-09 02:43 PM
    i just called telus and they dont seem to know about it
    02-02-09 02:48 PM
    Ok I saw the post in another forum, but again, how can it affect one person on the same carrier with the same device as another person who has no problems?

I mean it works absolutely normal for my Storm but not at all for his.
    02-02-09 02:49 PM
    I'm having the same problem for the last 4 hours and have talked to verizon lets just hope they fix it soon.
    02-02-09 02:56 PM
    Yeah now I am seeing the news in places..check these out for anyone that hasn't seen them:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/no-...90/index2.html

BlackBerry Data Outage? : Boy Genius Report
    02-02-09 02:57 PM
    I'm having the same issue with no emails being delivered and not being able to send service books. I'm AT&T in Alabama...nothing that pushes data to my phone is working (i.e. Facebook/Myspace etc...).

Hopefully they will fix this stuff soon....i'm over it!
    02-02-09 06:53 PM
    Ok I saw the post in another forum, but again, how can it affect one person on the same carrier with the same device as another person who has no problems?

Well its not a total outage, it seems that some of the servers are up and some a down causing popcorn effect outages
    02-02-09 07:23 PM

Its RIM, not Verizon, AT&T etc, its RIM/Blackberry
    02-02-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD