I have just received my Storm (love it). I'm setup up on my companies Exchange email and Blackberry server. In Outlook I have rules setup to deliever mail from certain people to certain folders. These folder are folder under another folder. When mail is moved there by the rule, I have no way of knowing on my blackberry if I got mail or not from them. How can I setup to be notified when mail is moved there and how can i view the folders?

thanks
    03-08-09 02:45 PM
    Well, you have the option of viewing your Exchange folders (in mail: menu, view folder). If you have Outlook rules that are moving your email to the correct folder, then you can actually open those folders and see it there. I sense, however, that your question is really this: Why do I not see my unopened email in the correct folder? Why do I see it instead just dumped in an undifferentiated list in the email folder? Right? :-)

If you came from the WinMo world (like I did), you expected to see the BB mirror your Outlook folder structure exactly. Unfortunately, doesn't happen. You CAN recreate filter rules that will send your email to the right folder, but it isn't automatic. Also, I have some folders that are slammed with email that I don't need to see on the Storm, so I don't have those folders forwarded to the BB.

The good news is that the recently announced Blackberry Enterprise Service 5.0, when coupled with a 5.0 capable smartphone, will mirror the Outlook rules to the BB, and put your email in the right folders. So, be patient and hopefully this will get better as time moves on.

Hope this helps.
    03-08-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD