So using CrackMem I attempted to remove my sample images when loading 0.85 on to my berry after doing a full wipe. For some reason though when I load the OS onto my BB, I am still getting my sample images and videos. Any ideas on how these can be removed?

Thanks,

Dave
    Last edited by davewolfs; 01-08-09 at 02:35 PM.
    01-08-09 12:19 PM
    Also, I have removed:

net_rim_bb_medialoader_360x480_t.cod
    net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod
    VodafoneMusic.cod

And everything still shows up after doing the install.
    01-08-09 12:43 PM
    A suggestion: disconnect your internet connection before doing the install or the DM may download and replace the "missing" files.
    01-08-09 12:58 PM
    A suggestion: disconnect your internet connection before doing the install or the DM may download and replace the "missing" files.
    I'm not even using DM for the install, i'm using "Loader.exe". Also, as far as DM goes I have disabled auto updates.

For some reason, my DM won't even do anything unless a vendor.xml file exists.
    01-08-09 01:38 PM
    My wipe does not appear to truly be wiping.

Test Setup

1. check to see that move exists on device, movie exists and is not deleted.
    2. Wipe using JL_CMder v1.9.1
    3. Ensure that files which are responsible for installing movies + pictures are not in shared directory.
    4. Update OS to 0.85, check to see that movie exists, it does - BAD

Test to see that wipe is actually occuring

1. Delete movie from device
    2. Wipe using JLCmder v1.9.1
    3. Keep same setup as in step 3 above
    4. Update the same way - Check to see if move exists, it does not and sample images still do exist.

So what this says to me is that for some reason wipe is not removing all data on my bb, if it was then I wouldn't see the movie when I installed the first time. I am quite confident that I am not installing any sample images or sounds.
    The reason why I continue to see them is because they are left over from a previous install.

Why wouldn't they be removed by wipe?
    01-08-09 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD