I am having an issue where the mp3s that I have saved as ringtones, text alerts, etc will not play. They are in the media app (ringtones folder) but when I select them, the status bar of the song doesnt show up.

The ones that are already set as ringtones / alerts, dont work either. I can play the sample music / ringtones so I know the media app works, just not with my mp3s.

What is strange, is that is was working up until last night.

Also when I try to view mp3s sent as a MMS instead of via email, the phone will freeze and either give me an error (which I haven't had today) or it will revert back to the home screen after 1-2 minutes.

I've tried deleting the files and taking the battery out, it hasnt seem to make a difference.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
    11-26-08 09:12 AM
    Same thing happened to me. Did you save the mp3 to your media card as a song? That's wat I did and it was working all day but stopped last night. I did a battery pull and it has been working again fine.
    11-26-08 09:14 AM
    Out of the blue, the songs have started working in the Media app, but still don't work in as a ringtone.

Maybe if I wait long enough the ringtones will start working again...
    11-26-08 10:19 AM
    I have addressed this in several threads... the issue is if you turn up the ringer to 10 then it glitches out for some reason. Do a battery pull... turn volume on the ringer to 5 then hit try then bump it to 6 and hit try and so on. Do this until it glitches out or becomes distorted and you now have an mp3 ringtone and you know the loudest setting.
    11-26-08 10:31 AM
    Sorry for the double post but I searched for this issued and didnt find anything.

My original volume was set at 7 and it wasnt working. I turned it down to 5 and it started working again. As you mentioned, I started going back up the list and eventually got back to 7 and it was surprisingly still working.

Ill leave it at 7, but I still don't know why this would work sometimes and not others. I have a feeling I'm going to miss some calls until this is fixed.
    11-26-08 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD