All,

I have tried and tried to perform a back up on my BlackBerry Storm to no avail. Each time, I get the error dialog box and it just says unknown error. I have cleared the event log and the browser cache. What am I doing wrong? This is on the .75 OS on a BlackBerry Storm 9530 on the Verizon network.
    05-27-09 10:09 AM
    All,

I have tried and tried to perform a back up on my Blackberry to no avail. Each time, I get the error dialog box and it just says unknown error. I have cleared the event log and the browser cache. What am I doing wrong?
    Clear the Browser cache using Desktop manager:

In Desktop Manager, Go to Backup and Restore - Select Advanced

In Device Database box - Scroll down to Browser cache - Highlight - press "Clear"

That should do it!
    05-27-09 10:14 AM
    Not sure why it works, but on mine I always have to clear out some of my emails and SMS messages in addition to clearing the browser cache. I'll go back about a week to 10 days in each message folder, highlight the day, and then hit BB menu>delete prior. That always does the trick.
    05-27-09 10:16 AM
    I have never had a problem until yesterday. I fixed my problem by doing an advanced backup. I selected everything to backup. Mine had an error in bookmarks so I deleted just a couple of bookmarks made in the last few days. It fixed my problem
    05-27-09 10:31 AM
    chasvs - Thanks for the tip, but it did not work. It did get further along in progress before it threw the unknown error.

foxymop702 - Tried that already as well.

I am still getting the unknown error.....it happens at the point where it reaches the KeyStoreManager.

Any ideas?
    05-27-09 10:50 AM
    UPDATE: I am going through the advanced backup/restore and moving them one at a time......KeyStoreManager moved to the back up list just fine. However, the next one on the list, Location Based Services, will not.

Any ideas?
    05-27-09 11:13 AM
    Clear the Browser cache using Desktop manager:

In Desktop Manager, Go to Backup and Restore - Select Advanced

In Device Database box - Scroll down to Browser cache - Highlight - press "Clear"

That should do it!
    Thanks! I too was having trouble with back ups, but this tip seemed to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 01:46 PM
    clear your memory after the cache. the key store manager gets cleared when you do a memory clean.
    05-27-09 01:53 PM
    What do you mean by clearing my memory after the cache? When I clear the cache, aren't I clearing the memory as well? Or is there something else that I should be doing in order to clear the memory cache?
    05-27-09 02:11 PM
    I've cleared the Browser Cache, the Event Log, and done a batter pull via QuickPull...nothing.

It gets past the Location Based Services now and fails on the Messenger Options (Yahoo). I do not have Yahoo Messenger installed on my Storm........
    05-27-09 02:38 PM
    On the phone go to:

Options>Security Options>Memory Cleaning and then set to enable

Clear the memory, once you are ok, you can go back and disable.
    05-27-09 02:41 PM
    I've cleared the Browser Cache, the Event Log, and done a batter pull via QuickPull...nothing.

It gets past the Location Based Services now and fails on the Messenger Options (Yahoo). I do not have Yahoo Messenger installed on my Storm........
    Try clearing any item it fails on
    05-27-09 02:42 PM
    DJM1947 - I have done just that, but, as I don't have Yahoo Messenger on my phone....I can't clear that which is not there. But thanks on the other tip....this phone is too damn smart for me. LOL. Thanks for the help...

Let's see where this one gets us......
    05-27-09 02:45 PM
    Ok, memory Clearing was already enabled, but I disabled it, re-enabled it, locked the device, logged into the device, cleared the event log and the browser cache....and nothing.

I sure hope that .148 runs better than .75....taht is what this is all for...

LOL.
    05-27-09 02:52 PM
    I tried all of the above on my home PC to no avail either. Any other solutions or ideas?
    05-27-09 06:41 PM
    Remove (via control panel) and re-install DM. I know it's no fun, but somethings gotten bugged up in your system. If the PC doesn't tell you to reboot after you remove DM, I would do that anyway. I would also actually do a battery pull (not using QuickPull), then retry. It'll work.

Grey
    05-27-09 07:06 PM
    Try uninstalling DM and then reinstall. I suggest using DM 4.6

Grey, didn't see your post before I did mine.
    05-27-09 07:08 PM
    Ok, I will do the remove and then re-install on the DM. Where can I get 4.6?

Hopefully that does the trick....Thanks all. I will let you know how it turns out.

Nevermind on where to find the 4.6 DM....I see that it is on the BlackBerry webpage. Thanks!
    05-27-09 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD