I am unable to install third party software on my Storm via the application loader ; whenever I use the browse option. I get a message saying ' no software available for device'.Funnily enough I was able to install some software a few days back with the same method.
    Could anyone help ?
    Thanks
    02-19-09 01:16 PM
    You can email yourself the link then open it up on your phones email....Thats what I always do.
    If your trying to find 3rd party apps you saved before a wipe, here is a good detailed instructional.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...3rd+party+apps

Hope this helps...
    02-19-09 01:49 PM
    Unfortunately that does' nt work when the site selling the software [ in this case Handango ] does not offer the option of emailing the software to the device, and in any case is there any option to unzip a file on the device.
    Thanks
    02-20-09 12:03 PM
    Are you double clicking the files when selecting them to load? (from the Browse function)

If you are, try simply selecting the .alx file, and actually clicking the "Open" button at the bottom of the window.
    02-20-09 12:06 PM
    I tried this and it didn't work. I got the message on my BB "Download Failed" and the details said 907 invalid COD file not found.
    02-20-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD