I am very frustrated by this one...

I downloaded .591 (about 20x) and get the same error everytime I try and install it onto my pc.

A windows installer dialog opens that says:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available."

"Insert the 'BlackBerry Device Software v5.0.0 for the BlackBerry 9530 smartphone' disk and clock OK.

"Use source: (in box below) 1"

It seems to be looking for an BlackBerry 9530.msi file that would be unpacked as part of the install process but it can't find. I searched the entire c: and it does not show up anywhere. I even tried installing .419 and .328 to see if they would leave something it might need. They installed fine and did not help. Any ideas?
    06-01-10 02:13 PM
    Where are you downloading 591 from? Try downloading from bbhybrids.com and if need be replace do one you have in your pc with this one.....just a suggestion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 06:46 PM
    Downloaded it from 3 different locations. Same result. I am going to try on a different PC and see if that matters.
    06-01-10 07:19 PM
    Fixed it...

Use the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility to remove Office 2000, Office XP, or Office 2003

Needed to delete an old BlackBerry .msi installer registry entry that was causing the problem. I am not sure why it effected the .591 installer, but not the others.
    06-01-10 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD