Hey guys, just got my storm 2 and I'm trying to figure out how to enable key tones like the ones below in the two videos. I go to options, keyboard settings, and turn key tone to "on" and save, yet all that seems to do is enable a beep sound for the bottom four buttons: call, blackberry menu, back, and the end button. When I click on things in the menu, or type an sms, I get no sound other than the mechanical click. The beep I'm hearing for the bottom four buttons is also nothing like the ones in the videos below. I'm running version 5.0.0.607. I also tried a battery pull which didn't work. Thanks to anyone who can help me solve this problem!

http://crackberry.com/storm-2-video-...-speed-testing
    05-23-10 11:11 AM
    anyone...? Is my phone defective? Should I take it back? Is an app causing inference somehow?
    05-23-10 03:11 PM
    I have the same problem and I have already asked. it appears that the most recent OS upgrade has disabled this feature. I can't figure it out. Even if you turn it on only your bottom buttons will beep.
    05-23-10 11:03 PM
    thanks for that mortal, but did your beeps ever sound like the ones in the videos I posted? If they did I think I want to downgrade my OS haha, is that even possible?
    05-24-10 12:32 AM
    The 'tones' that you hear in the videos are the 'tones' that the screen naturally makes when you press/click on the screen. I hope that helps
    05-24-10 07:46 AM
    JustKarmel, my phones mechanical click sounds nothing like the sounds coming out of those two guys phone's in the two videos..i'm pretty sure he has an actual sound coming out of the speaker when he presses a key..
    05-24-10 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD