I have a Storm that is giving me the "Reload Software 507" error that I need to bring back to life. I tried the BlackBerry 101 steps and also the post on reviving a nuked 'Berry and neither seemed to work - the device will not initialize when prompted in the OS install and I get an error stating "not able to reconnect to device". I have tried AppLoader and DM (4.7).

Any help?

Thanks
    04-15-09 05:11 PM
    Well first its not nuked. It just means that there is no software on it. Ok try the following:
    1. Download and install OS of choice to PC.
    2. Disconnect phone from PC. Restart PC.
    3. Once PC up, reconnect phone.
    4. Go into loader, delete vendor xml file.
    5. Start app loader.
    6. Choose all you want installed.
    7. Leave the phone alone to load the OS.
    8. Restore thru DM.
    9. Perform a battery pull after all is done.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 05:24 PM
    The apploader is in the same folder as the Vendor.xml file. You double click on the loader.exe file. After your device loads the software and boots up, restore from a previous back up.
    04-15-09 05:27 PM
    The apploader is in the same folder as the Vendor.xml file. You double click on the loader.exe file. After your device loads the software and boots up, restore from a previous back up.
    CX? You changed your username?
    04-15-09 05:29 PM
    If the above doesnt work for you because the Loader.exe wont connect to your phone, follow the steps in the thread I posted on how to force an os to load.

A lot of times you will need to have the battery out of the phone until its searching for software, which is right before the list comes up, and as its searching, put the battery back in.
    04-15-09 05:31 PM
    OK, will re-downloading OS On computer and restart. Do I need to do the trick of hitting next in apploader during the specific slit second that will let me actually connect to the device (noted in other posts)?
    04-15-09 05:32 PM
    No, just take the battery out. go all the way till its trying to read software and as its doing that put it back in.

It will connect, and the list will show up with the OS.
    04-15-09 05:40 PM
    Thanks graspDESIGN!
    04-15-09 05:43 PM
    CX? You changed your username?
    ?? No. It's the same as always.
    04-15-09 05:45 PM
    Well, no go. I got the same error message from AppLoader:

"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."
    04-15-09 06:34 PM
    Well, no go. I got the same error message from AppLoader:

"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation."
    Ok heres my suggestion. First, reboot your computer and try again. If this does not work I suggest using JL_Cmder and wiping the device. You can follow this guide--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

After you wipe with JL_Cmder you will still have a '507' Error. That's fine. Reboot the computer again. Go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Applo ader and delete the Vendor.xml file. After you delete the Vendor.xml file double click on the Loader.exe file and it should load the device software.
    04-15-09 06:49 PM
    OK, will try that. I am looking to load .113 and am on VZW - do I still need to delete vendor.xml?
    04-15-09 06:51 PM
    I would always delete the vendor file unless the OS is official from vzw.

OK, will try that. I am looking to load .113 and am on VZW - do I still need to delete vendor.xml?
    04-15-09 06:55 PM
    So, JL_Cmdr does not seem to be able to connect to the device.... it goes to the "Connecting to device" screen, then reverts back to main menu
    04-15-09 07:04 PM
    Close it, try again. Restart PC. You just have to keep trying until it does. Doesn't your storm say Reload software 507? If it does, then it's already wiped. Now you need to load software.

So, JL_Cmdr does not seem to be able to connect to the device.... it goes to the "Connecting to device" screen, then reverts back to main menu
    04-15-09 07:06 PM
    Close it, try again. Restart PC. You just have to keep trying until it does. Doesn't your storm say Reload software 507? If it does, then it's already wiped. Now you need to load software.
    No, I don't believe the device was wiped with JL_Cmder or any other utility. I believe he got there some other way. But the device needs to be wiped again, to rid of the multi-stage load error.

You need to try using JL_Cmder a couple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries. If you cannot get it to work, make sure the DM is closed. Then pull up a DOS Prompt and type: loader.exe /nojvm and that will wipe the device. Reboot the computer. Then delete the Vendor.xml file and then double click on the Loader.exe file.
    04-15-09 07:15 PM
    Sorry, didn't know that other things could cause the "Reload Software 507" error. Good to know. Thanks CX.

No, I don't believe the device was wiped with JL_Cmder or any other utility. I believe he got there some other way. But the device needs to be wiped again, to rid of the multi-stage load error.

You need to try using JL_Cmder a couple times. Sometimes it takes a few tries. If you cannot get it to work, make sure the DM is closed. Then pull up a DOS Prompt and type: loader.exe /nojvm and that will wipe the device. Reboot the computer. Then delete the Vendor.xml file and then double click on the Loader.exe file.
    04-15-09 07:44 PM
    OK, trying again - one thing though, it is showing one file already installed on my device: rim0x04001404.sfi v4.0.0.144

All other OS Software is shown as not installed. Could this file be part of the problem?
    04-15-09 07:44 PM
    Hmmm - new error this time:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]
    04-15-09 07:46 PM
    I would say keep trying JL, until you get Reload Software 507.

the other sfi file that you mentioned, that's your radio code.
    04-15-09 07:47 PM
    Hmmm - new error this time:

A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Device communications error encountered. [A:0x00000025]
    Seriously, restart your computer then follow the steps in the "How To: "Force" an OS to Load" thread. It really should work.
    04-15-09 07:54 PM
    Yup, have tried that one a couple times already with no joy. Doing it one more time though....

And same error as before:

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    04-15-09 08:22 PM
    May be you should give it a break for like 10-15 minutes. Turn off your PC for like 10 minutes, and pull battery on storm for like 10 minutes (let the phone sit without a battery). Restart the process of JL and the app loader. It may be a dumb suggestion, but worth a try. Also, may be try uninstalling and reinstalling JL (probably won't do much)... We will get it to work, right?

Yup, have tried that one a couple times already with no joy. Doing it one more time though....

And same error as before:

Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.
    04-15-09 08:27 PM
    Crucial - just saw our post @ top of page. Will try that later - have to run now
    04-15-09 08:28 PM
    Well first its not nuked. It just means that there is no software on it. Ok try the following:
    1. Download and install OS of choice to PC.
    2. Disconnect phone from PC. Restart PC.
    3. Once PC up, reconnect phone.
    4. Go into loader, delete vendor xml file.
    5. Start app loader.
    6. Choose all you want installed.
    7. Leave the phone alone to load the OS.
    8. Restore thru DM.
    9. Perform a battery pull after all is done.

Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Had the same exact problem... Hope It Works!!!
    04-15-09 10:00 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD