Okay, I was listening to my mp3 on my Storm via an aux cable in my car. Again, the aux cable was plugged in my headphone jack and then into the aux in on my head unit. My phone rings, music cuts off, and I put it on speaker. The callers voice is played thru my car speakers and they hear me thru the mic on the phone. This has never happened before, thought it was pretty cool. Sorry if someone already pointed this out.
    That's exactly how I take phone calls on my stereo headset cables with direct audio input in my hearing aids. I hear through my aids when I hit speaker, callers hear me through the Storm's mic. Awesome.
    12-03-08 07:29 PM
    That's exactly how I take phone calls on my stereo headset cables with direct audio input in my hearing aids. I hear through my aids when I hit speaker, callers hear me through the Storm's mic. Awesome.
    I think that is cool as all get out! Awesome indeed!
    12-03-08 07:33 PM
    OMG! This is perfect~!!!!!! None of my old phones did that! Effing sweet.
    12-03-08 07:55 PM
    not sure if this is an old blackberry trick but...

when you are putting something into the character and you want to change the minutes part of the hour, click the time, highlight the minutes, and press the spacebar for it to change in 15 minutes increments! just discovered this... very helpful!
    12-03-08 08:04 PM
    Hi All,

I have the Verizon Curve 8330 which is a great phone [with great service].

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a shortcut for vibrate only as there is on the Bold [you simply press the "Q" key]?

Thanks,

Mitch
    if your phone is locked, hold down the mute key for 2 seconds or so and it'll change the sound profile to vibrate, hold it down again adn it'll change it back to whatever profile u had b4
    12-03-08 08:32 PM
    not sure if this is an old blackberry trick but...

when you are putting something into the character and you want to change the minutes part of the hour, click the time, highlight the minutes, and press the spacebar for it to change in 15 minutes increments! just discovered this... very helpful!
    What do you mean character? Are you talking about the calendar? Please inform. Thx
    12-03-08 09:43 PM
    Yes calendar! My bad... Sorry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 10:02 PM
    Any tips on fixing my gmail account so i dont get an email sent back to me every time i sent an email.. sounds simple enough to fix but i cant figure it out and i see multiple people are having the same issue.. HELP
    Depends on your service provider... I have Verizon, so I set up a filter in my blackberry email info (the Blackberry Internet Site that you originally set your email up through if you didn't do it on the phone directly). I simply entered anything with my name as the sender to NOT go to my device -- now I don't get any of the emails I send. My work email is through gmail's server, so I was getting hundreds a day before the filter, now nothing. Good luck!
    12-04-08 02:08 AM
    Two quick questions - probably both stupid but have to ask: 1) I'm not getting my blinking light to work - why? It was working on the 8830. Is there a setting to turn it off and on? 2) Does anyone know of any Apps to load a Music EQ to fine tune the music application? Thanks! I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    Make sure you're not in bedside mode -- if you are, your LED light may not be working when you have a message. You can also change the service LED light in your options (that's the green light that blinks when you're in a service area). Hope that helps!
    12-04-08 02:37 AM
    Just like with messages (emails/sms etc) and with the gallery, if you swipe your finger to the left or to the right in the calandar it will move the day either +/- 1. Much easier than having to press next next next etc
    12-04-08 10:25 AM
    i know but some people change their convenience keys...
    Even if you change the right convenience key, it is still the shutter button in camera mode. Too bad it doesn't work in video camera mode, no matter the settings.
    12-04-08 10:26 AM
    Any tips on fixing my gmail account so i dont get an email sent back to me every time i sent an email.. sounds simple enough to fix but i cant figure it out and i see multiple people are having the same issue.. HELP
    I believe one user said that you can use the filter function from blackberry's BIS VZW website. If you're getting "Confirm Delivery" emails you can do it this way as well:

1) Open up you Gmail inbox, then click the BB Button
    2) Goto Options
    3) Email Options then pick the Gmail folder
    4) Under "Confirm Delivery" change it to No.

Hope that helps!
    12-04-08 01:34 PM
    Does anyone know how to change what icons you want to be shown on your main screen? right now I have 8 icons and I dont use them all, just want a couple to be shown. Second, funny question, how do you check your voicemail? On my old blackberry i would hold down the 1 and it would call voicemail. I tried on the storm and it doesnt work. I saw that above the 1 there was the voicemail icon, but cant figure it out...thanks guys
    12-04-08 01:41 PM
    Does anyone know how to change what icons you want to be shown on your main screen? right now I have 8 icons and I dont use them all, just want a couple to be shown. Second, funny question, how do you check your voicemail? On my old blackberry i would hold down the 1 and it would call voicemail. I tried on the storm and it doesnt work. I saw that above the 1 there was the voicemail icon, but cant figure it out...thanks guys
    It depends on how many rows you have on your main home screen. If you goto your landscape view of the icons then press your BB Key...

1) Goto Options
    2) Then you should see options for "Set Homescreen Layout"
    3) I changed mine to "1 Row"
    4) Now if you want to switch the icons on your homescreen just move the icons around so that the first four icons on the full menu screen are what you want.
    12-04-08 02:11 PM
    thank you! but how do you move the icons on the main screen?
    12-04-08 02:19 PM
    You will learn that the BlackBerry button is your GOD when it comes to these phones. When in doubt hit that button.

Okay here we go =)

1) Highlight (but don't click) a menu item.
    2) BB button (see? told you it does everything haha) while you're on the main icon screen
    3) Then click on "Move"
    4) You'll notice that the highlighting reticle is different
    5) Just click around around and see how the icons move around.
    6) Once you're done you can either hit the BB button and then select "Finished Move" or hit the BB button and if "Finished Move" is selected just hit the BB button again to commit.

*BTW that works for anything in BB button menus. If it's highlighted you can just hit the button again to commit
    12-04-08 02:31 PM
    When on the main screen, make sure the icon you want to move is highlighted (do not click) and then hit the blackberry button and hit "move". You can then move the app where you want it. After it's in its place, just click the screen in the place you want it and it will stay put. Depending on your home screen, the first few apps on your main screen will be shown on your home screen.

You can also hide apps you don't use -- highlight the app (don't click) and hit the blackberry button, and click "hide". Make sure "show all" does not have a check mark next to it. When you DO want to find those apps again, just go to the main screen, hit the blackberry button, and click "show all", it will then show all your apps.

Good luck!
    12-04-08 02:36 PM
    Thank you so much.....i didnt know that button did so much. Thanks again!
    12-04-08 02:38 PM
    Call me CRAZY but I have mine set to 3 rows on the homescreen, BUT I did not want to have all 8 (yes I said 8) email boxes to appear on the first homescreen since the Messages icon gets me a list will all of them together. HOWEVER I do like to sometimes go to the boxes separately so I created a folder using that handy BB button, and moved all the mail box icons (except Messages) in to it, and left THAT folder on my homescreen. To get to the individual boxes I just open that folder. Works like a charm.
    12-04-08 03:27 PM
    How do I change the volume when listening to music through the speaker??? Every time I hit the volume button it just changes the song.
    12-04-08 04:41 PM
    Did you figure it out yet? If not let me know and I will get you the how to. I had the same problem, just forgot how..a little research..let me know
    12-04-08 05:34 PM
    How do I change the volume when listening to music through the speaker??? Every time I hit the volume button it just changes the song.
    Don't hold the button.
    12-04-08 05:39 PM
    Okay, I was listening to my mp3 on my Storm via an aux cable in my car. Again, the aux cable was plugged in my headphone jack and then into the aux in on my head unit. My phone rings, music cuts off, and I put it on speaker. The callers voice is played thru my car speakers and they hear me thru the mic on the phone. This has never happened before, thought it was pretty cool. Sorry if someone already pointed this out.

Also works for people that have tape decks in their vehicles. My car has a combo unit and I purchased a tape that has a wire coming out of it, (same as the old portable cd player days) and plug it into my phone. now its mp3, digital video in the car mount, and handsfree through the speakers. Just a tip for anyone who either has a combo head unit or just a plain old tape player in their vehicles. (not sure if you can even buy a car now with just a tape player) seems kind of funny now that I just typed this, but it works great!
    12-04-08 09:11 PM
    you can see your call log instead of the viewing the dial pad by hitting options >general options>and changing the initial view to call log!!

-is it me or does this forum feel like one big happy family who loves to help each other out. i think the key to peace in the middle east is to give everyone a blackberry and have them follow this forum (as i do) religiously!!! crackberry.como is the new mecca!!
    12-05-08 12:04 AM
    Great stuff..
    3 unresolved things:

1. How do I shut down Suretype so that multitap always is the default for portrait mode. I have set it in each application and then randomly Suretype returns and...sometimes the option to change to Multitap does not appear on the menu.

2. an old BB tip was "To change from signal strength to bars and back. On main screen hold down alt key and type NMLL. " As there is no alt key..does anyone know how to change the signal strength meter?

3. Ringtones... I have set up ringtones for a couple of contacts using songs I imported from iTunes. It works great for incoming calls but messages only get the standard notification as all other emails? Thoughts..
    12-05-08 05:48 AM
1,278 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD