Hit the CALL button twince to redial the last # dialed.
    12-01-08 01:32 PM
    I am saddened to report that this no longer works on the 4.7.0.75 OS.
    Are you serious? That sucks. It doesn't seem logical that they would remove the capability to bypass the autocorrect without replacing it with some other shortcut. I'm holding out for the OTA so I can't confirm.
    12-01-08 06:37 PM
    Are you serious? That sucks. It doesn't seem logical that they would remove the capability to bypass the autocorrect without replacing it with some other shortcut. I'm holding out for the OTA so I can't confirm.
    Press the back/curved arrow button next to the BlackBerry Menu button.
    12-01-08 07:12 PM
    Press the back/curved arrow button next to the BlackBerry Menu button.
    Thanks, I wasn't aware of that shortcut. It would still be nice to have an alternative on the virtual keyboard
    12-01-08 07:26 PM
    Hey all i just wanted to share another tip i stumbled upon.

While viewing your messages (email,sms and mms) you can quickly find all the messages you've had with a single contact by simply holding your finger over (not clicking) the contact for about 3 seconds. You should see a blue status bar fill up and then "searching...".

After the search is complete you will see all the messages you had with the contact you selected.

Great for when your arguing with the boss about never reciving an email he supposedly sent you

You can also use this method for the SUBJECT of the message and it will group together messages that have the same subject heading.

this was posted on the first page...how many of you have read the FIRST PAGE of this thread.??
    12-01-08 07:44 PM
    -hammerfan-11/22
    if you are in email, and you hold your finger on the screen on a particular email ( not pressing the screen just touching it) it brings up all the emails you have had with the reciepent!

Also works with any message/conversation including sms/mms
    Last edited by Merritt; 12-01-08 at 08:52 PM.
    12-01-08 08:50 PM
    for a bit faster calling you can change the phone initial view to contacts. So just hit the green call button and contacts list comes up automatically instead of dial pad
    12-01-08 09:16 PM
    What I discovered is that any song that u have in your music library u can set it as your rigtone.
    12-02-08 12:14 AM
    Jesus, the redundant posts here are maddening. How 'bout reading this whole thread BEFORE you post?
    12-02-08 02:32 AM
    imman needs to re compress these lol
    12-02-08 03:39 AM
    Gosh that took along time. lol!
    12-02-08 08:12 PM
    The icons on the home screen mimic the icons in your shortcut screen starting at the top left. To set what icons appear and in what order they appear do the following.

1. From your home screen click on the screen or hit the BB button to goto your shortcut screen.

2. Highlight the icon you want to move.

3. With the icon highlighted click the BB button and select move from the menu.

4. The icon will show a bubble around it. Drag the icon to the position you desire and click.
    12-02-08 11:04 PM
    By default the home screen has 2 rows. You can change this to 1, 2 or 3.

To do this:

1. from your home screen hit the BB key to goto the shortcut screen.

2. From the shortcut screen hit the BB key and select options from the menu.

3. Save and close.

If you select option from the menu and nothing happens then do a battery while your device is on. Replace battery and follow steps 1 - 3 after the device is done booting up. You can choose your background from this screen as well.
    12-02-08 11:05 PM
    By default the home screen has 2 rows. You can change this to 1, 2 or 3.

To do this:

1. from your home screen hit the BB key to goto the shortcut screen.

2. From the shortcut screen hit the BB key and select options from the menu.

3. Save and close.

If you select option from the menu and nothing happens then do a battery while your device is on. Replace battery and follow steps 1 - 3 after the device is done booting up. You can choose your background from this screen as well.
    Also the less icons the faster your storm will transfer to landscape or portrait. i use one column and only have 16 icons for my home screen. it moves sooo fast now.
    12-03-08 01:40 AM
    A double touch on the screen in BB browser while navigating web pages is the same as a single press on the screen. It zooms in on that page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 07:46 AM
    The icons on the home screen mimic the icons in your shortcut screen starting at the top left. To set what icons appear and in what order they appear do the following.

1. From your home screen click on the screen or hit the BB button to goto your shortcut screen.

2. Highlight the icon you want to move.

3. With the icon highlighted click the BB button and select move from the menu.

4. The icon will show a bubble around it. Drag the icon to the position you desire and click.
    No need to drag it. Just click where you want it to go.
    12-03-08 09:39 AM
    does anyone know why that whenever i text/bbm my message is double spaced? it goes away when i take out my battery but it still comes back later on. also, what does anyone think about deleting the stock gps? i dont use it because of googlemaps and im sure it would free up a lot of memory.

thanks
    12-03-08 01:35 PM
    Ok so i got my dock today.

If I get a call while the phone is in the dock it doesn't ring.

Can i change this?
    12-03-08 02:31 PM
    for those who have are a little frustrated with the camera... i made a way to make it easier to work it..it's not a genius idea, but still:
    1.make your right convenience key a shortcut for the camera
    2. when taking a pic, put it in landscape mode
    3. click on the same convenience key to take the picture

i find that by doing it this way, you are mimicking (sp?) the way a real camera works, therefore your hand is more stable than trying to touch and click on the screen
    12-03-08 02:36 PM
    I've checked throughout the forum and on this post specifically, and can't seem to find what I just did. Double-pressing the menu button causes my storm to vibrate, but nothing happens?

Feeling pretty dumb here. What did I just do? I wasn't in anything but the home screen.

Thanks for you help!
    12-03-08 05:39 PM
    I've checked throughout the forum and on this post specifically, and can't seem to find what I just did. Double-pressing the menu button causes my storm to vibrate, but nothing happens?

Feeling pretty dumb here. What did I just do? I wasn't in anything but the home screen.

Thanks for you help!

Do you have CaptureIt?
    12-03-08 06:06 PM
    for those who have are a little frustrated with the camera... i made a way to make it easier to work it..it's not a genius idea, but still:
    1.make your right convenience key a shortcut for the camera
    2. when taking a pic, put it in landscape mode
    3. click on the same convenience key to take the picture

i find that by doing it this way, you are mimicking (sp?) the way a real camera works, therefore your hand is more stable than trying to touch and click on the screen
    That's how it's set up stock already.
    12-03-08 06:07 PM
    Do you have CaptureIt?
    I DO!!!!

Guess sometimes it pays to read instructions?

Thanks for the insight!
    12-03-08 06:36 PM
    That's how it's set up stock already.
    i know but some people change their convenience keys...
    12-03-08 06:44 PM
    Okay, I was listening to my mp3 on my Storm via an aux cable in my car. Again, the aux cable was plugged in my headphone jack and then into the aux in on my head unit. My phone rings, music cuts off, and I put it on speaker. The callers voice is played thru my car speakers and they hear me thru the mic on the phone. This has never happened before, thought it was pretty cool. Sorry if someone already pointed this out.
    12-03-08 07:11 PM
1,278 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD