If anyone wan't their tips added to the original post send it in a PM by 12am est

I will add them as I get them.

I may order them, but if you pm me a new tip/trick please make the subject one of the following categories:

Phone
    Messaging
    Applications
    Advanced

thanks!
    11-23-08 03:04 PM
    Open you app list instead of the home screen click the menu button--->options and set you rows of icons....
    11-23-08 03:32 PM
    whos got the tip on how to get your phone when your suppose to get it?
    11-23-08 03:49 PM
    Any tips on fixing my gmail account so i dont get an email sent back to me every time i sent an email.. sounds simple enough to fix but i cant figure it out and i see multiple people are having the same issue.. HELP
    Open Messages -> Choose Message Options -> make sure the Confirm Delivery and Confirm Read are both set to NO.

This will keep your messages sent from sending them right back to you.
    11-23-08 03:55 PM
    fthdthrthrthb
    11-23-08 04:03 PM
    my tip for you next time stand in line for 8 hours like me lol.. and then have your phone break and have to wait.
    11-23-08 04:03 PM
    Sooks what happened????
    11-23-08 04:07 PM
    MY one tip to all who are having trouble with the typing and touch screen, play the mole word game that comes preloaded it is like mindsweep for PC it helps you to acclimate to the point and click.

Message reading tip:
    When you are reading a message swipe your finger across the screen to the right to go to the previous message and across the screen to the left to go to the next message.
    11-23-08 04:48 PM
    To view e-mails that you have sent:

1) Go into Messages, your e-mail inbox, or your SMS/MMS inbox (easiest to do it in your e-mail inbox if you want to view sent e-mails)
    2) Press the BlackBerry menu button
    3) Select "Search"
    4) Ensure that in the "Service" option your e-mail address is chosen
    5) Set the Show option to just "Sent"
    6) Click the magnifying glass at the bottom to begin the search
    11-23-08 04:54 PM
    Theses are the best tips. Makes you wonder if Verizon even knows how to do half of this. My reps in the store didn't. They didn't even know how to turn the phone off (from the main menu). I'm going to have to keep reading this just to memorize the tips!
    11-23-08 07:20 PM
    Two quick questions - probably both stupid but have to ask: 1) I'm not getting my blinking light to work - why? It was working on the 8830. Is there a setting to turn it off and on? 2) Does anyone know of any Apps to load a Music EQ to fine tune the music application? Thanks! I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    11-23-08 09:09 PM
    If you want to get a legacy application off of "Compatibility mode"(where the keyboard always shows, and the accelerometer does not function), do this simple change.

1) Options->Advanced Options->Applications

2) Highlight the offending application eg. Flycast

3) Blackberry key... Select "Disable Compatibility Mode"

That's it! Some applications work ok. Like Zip explorer and Flycast. Others just don't work. So, with trial and error you can make some of your legacy apps suck less!
    Last edited by brian_peterson; 11-23-08 at 10:15 PM.
    11-23-08 10:12 PM
    Two quick questions - probably both stupid but have to ask: 1) I'm not getting my blinking light to work - why? It was working on the 8830. Is there a setting to turn it off and on? 2) Does anyone know of any Apps to load a Music EQ to fine tune the music application? Thanks! I LOVE THIS PHONE!
    Have you tried this?
    Options>Screen/Keyboard>LED Coverage Indicator 'ON'

Also, when you're done typing an SMS, simply hit the menu button (BB button) twice to send. Easier than menu>send and swipe keyboard down and send.
    11-23-08 10:40 PM
    For those looking for an alt+cap+delete alternative to reset the storm, maybe this program can help:
    ht tp://software. crackberry .com/download.asp?id=22989

(Sorry, can't post links yet)
    11-23-08 10:53 PM
    I like to be able to pull up previously called numbers easily. So I set my call log to be my initial screen when in phone mode.

How to:
    When in phone mode, press the BB key,
    Choose Options
    Choose General Options
    Change "Initial View" from "Dial Pad" to "Call Log"
    (you can also choose "Contacts" if you want)
    Save Changes.

You may also want to go into "Call Logging" Options and change your log to "All Calls". That way you will see received, sent and missed calls in your log.

Rich

how about just setting the right side key to call log?
    11-23-08 10:53 PM
    For those looking for an alt+cap+delete alternative to reset the storm, maybe this program can help:
    ht tp://software. crackberry .com/download.asp?id=22989

(Sorry, can't post links yet)
    Useful, but is it just me or is the orientation off for where you have to press for yes and no...
    11-23-08 11:01 PM
    touch visual voice mail , hit the blackberry button , hit delete , repeat with vz navigator.
    this dont delete the app from the phone! go to opions, advanced options, applications, the the app you want to delete, then menu button and delete
    11-23-08 11:10 PM
    Useful, but is it just me or is the orientation off for where you have to press for yes and no...
    Don't know. Didn't try it yet. It was just a thought.
    11-23-08 11:22 PM
    They've optimized the keyboard for the way your left and right thumb hits *it's* side of the keyboard. When you "cross over" you will frequently get the wrong key. This is frustrating me with number sequences as I'd prefer to use my right thumb. Hopefully they'll eventually allow us to build our own "custom" keyboards as we see fit.

I've also noticed, on my unit with my fat thumbs at least, I'm best off to "aim high", on menu items especially. Most of my mis-hits happen when I'm aiming dead center.

Trust the GLOW. use it as a guide before you press. If you don't see glow on the screen inboard of your letter (on the side of your thumb closer to center) you will get the wrong key. The GLOW is extremely fast. It will be there before you press if you're watching.

--bg
    11-23-08 11:27 PM
    somewhat of a geeky trick, but here it is:

1) Rather than looking at signal strength bars, you can change the display of the 'signal strength' to read in real numbers. While at the home screen, in landscape mode/qwerty, hold down the ALT key to lock it, then type !,"" The bars should change to read numbers. For the 'signal strength', if you are in the 100 area (that means -100 dBm), you will be transmitting at maximum power, and since coverage is hit and miss at this weak a signal, you may end up transmitting many times before the packets make it through. This might help explain any poorer than normal battery life.

2) To get the bars back: While at the home screen, in landscape mode/qwerty, hold down the ALT key to lock it, then type !,"" again.
    11-24-08 12:02 AM
    Is there a way to enable java script?
    11-24-08 12:17 AM
    get a screen protector! haha
    11-24-08 12:42 AM
    if you are typing in a message and hit the blackberry key 'send' is usually highlighted, but, if predictor text is currently guessing a word then 'reply' will be highlighted...use this to your advantage
    11-24-08 01:03 AM
    I know i read this somewhere but i cant find it now... what was the fix to having certain contacts with custom profiles and having it on vibrate with their ring tone not actually ringing?? Even when my active profile is vibrate these contacts still "ring" through....
    11-24-08 02:28 AM
    To change your wallpaper accordingly, choose what image you want and Double Click to zoom and pan the image appropriately until what is displayed is what you want your wallpaper to be. At this point, press the Blackberry button to set it as your wallpaper
    11-24-08 04:37 AM
1,278 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD