Im not lazy. I have searched the posts and cant seem to find the answer to this one.

I followed the instructions on getting my Storm unlocked (http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/unl...ep-step-101677).

Im traveling to the Dominican Republic and would like to use the phone with a Sim card from over there.

But the Verizon jerks keep telling me that I need to be a Verizon customer for 60 days before they can unlock my device.

Is this true?

If so it seems very unprofessional. Somebody please help me.
    12-20-08 08:00 AM
    Ok, your profile says you have a 9500. But you said Verizon won't give you the code. I'm confused. If you have a 9500 then contact HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, The World’s Cellular Repair Center � and they can unlock it for you.

If you have a 9530 you will have to get the code from the carrier it's registered to.
    12-20-08 08:39 AM
    The 60 day policy is in place because there are some not so honest customers who set up service with carrier for global calling and run up extremely high bills that they never pay. Basically after 60 days, you have paid at least one bill and your address has been confirmed (since you got the bill). It is a way to protect the company from fraud. Hope that helped
    12-20-08 08:45 AM
    Im a verizon customer, I picked the wrong phone from the drop down box.

Even if there are unjust customers thats a liability that Verizon needs to face not me their loyal customer.

I have a contract with Verizon so I dont see how they are going to lose my business by unlocking MY phone.
    12-20-08 09:02 PM
    If your a loyal Verizon customer then why does your profile say you have TMo?
    12-20-08 09:10 PM
    If you are a loyal VZW customer why are you not already beyond the 60 days and why does your profile say T-mobile?
    12-20-08 09:12 PM
    Jeez dude.. If Im telling you Im a verizon customer who cares what it says on the damn profile.

I just switched from Tmobile if you must know.

Stop wasting my time with worthless questions. Im here to solve a problem not give you insight into my life. For all you know I could have 10 phones all on a different carrier. Or maybe I have two and one is for business and the other for home.

Regardless thats not important and its off topic.
    12-20-08 09:14 PM
    Keep trying until you get a CSR who will do it. VZW is the only place to get the unlock code for now.
    12-20-08 09:16 PM
    I haven't been with Verizon for 60 days, not even 30. They will unlock for you. Just ask nicely and be polite.
    12-20-08 09:19 PM
    Keep trying until you get a CSR who will do it. VZW is the only place to get the unlock code for now.
    Thank you guys. I have been trying.

I tried 3 times so far and they told me the same thing (sixty days... blah blah). They even told me that they knew I had called 2 times previously. I think they wont give it to me man. Im so sad because of this.

It kinda sucks to have this extremely powerful phone and not have its full potential at your fingertips even though you OWN the device.

I dont want to purchase another phone to use it for 15 days. Thats why I got the Storm.

The Verizon rep was both funny and a jack ***. He told me: sir you can use it on verizon.

And I replied: You bet I can, for 1.99 a minute !!!
    12-20-08 09:24 PM
    Thank you guys. I have been trying.

I tried 3 times so far and they told me the same thing (sixty days... blah blah). They even told me that they knew I had called 2 times previously. I think they wont give it to me man. Im so sad because of this.

It kinda sucks to have this extremely powerful phone and not have its full potential at your fingertips even though you OWN the device.

I dont want to purchase another phone to use it for 15 days. Thats why I got the Storm.

The Verizon rep was both funny and a jack ***. He told me: sir you can use it on verizon.

And I replied: You bet I can, for 1.99 a minute !!!
    If they know you've been calling...the more you call the worse it's going to get. And yes, you're in trouble...other forums have been pretty clear that the 60 days thing is going to get more and more stringent.
    12-20-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD