Iphone is lacking in the mms/video cam/multi task area. OS is smooth but not the game winner for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 01:01 AM
    cannon baaaaaaalllllllll.... I think i might jump ship for an iphone on vzw..
    02-28-09 01:05 AM
    In A Heartbeat
    02-28-09 01:07 AM
    I love my Storm (Daisy). I would do a Storm/iPhone hybrid though. But a regular iPhone...nah!
    Genius, a blackerry IPhone.
    I like my storm alot, and the blackberry platform is killer. i currently have a ipod touch and a Storm. i could not own a regular iphone either!!! I will stay with the storm!!!!!!
    Last edited by Kilgore952; 02-28-09 at 01:54 AM.
    02-28-09 01:47 AM
    Id keep my storm, My brother has an i phone and personally i dont like it at all...
    02-28-09 02:21 AM
    nah.. i definitely wouldnt trade my BB storm for an iphone. i mean they DO have some games i really wish the storm could run, but that is very minor. bb storm hands DOWN.
    02-28-09 03:29 AM
    Funny thing...The Japanese won't take an iPhone even if it's free...

Search for this thread... iPhone Fails in Japan
    Last edited by DIA.NSA.CIA; 02-28-09 at 04:20 AM.
    02-28-09 03:59 AM
    My gf has an iphone. Its a cute game and useless gadget type phone, but simply can't do all the extra things a storm can. Go find the point by point comparisons listed in the forums.

02-28-09 04:33 AM
    Probably. I'm a diehard Mac guy. The main reason I dont already have an Iphone is ATT. They suck. While Ive been a Blackberry user for a few years, I would switch mainly due to ease of sync etc. Unless the rumors are true and RIM plans on releasing a DM for Mac, I'd go Iphone in a heartbeat.
    02-28-09 08:32 AM
    I would consider changing. I love the storm but I REALLY want my work email and calendar to sync. The Iphone has no problem with this. We have an ISA server and the BB just won't configure.

I actually like the click of the storm screen!
    02-28-09 09:20 AM
    I'd love to see a phone with the best of both worlds. To me, the iPhone is not particularly functional until you Jailbreak it. Without that, the iPhone is unable to suit the purpose I need it for.

Software wise, I very much dislike the iTunes interface, and one of the iPhone benefits is how well it integrates with Apple Software. If you like that junk... you'd get the full benefit. If like me you think it is pretty terrible, then you're not going to enjoy it.

Wifi - I'd have liked that in the Storm. It's one thing I'm pretty unhappy about.

Push Email - "LOL" seems appropriate. The iPhone will likely never get real Push email, which drops it from a functional phone to just a pretty looking toy, for my needs.

IM support - iPhone has Fring, which does it really great. Blackberry has its own software, some of which is great (YIM) and some of which can't ever keep a connection (AIM).

Stability - iPhone is winning hands down, right now.

Would I switch? I'd be tempted but in the end what I'd lose isn't worth me giving up the Storm and all its current flaws.
    02-28-09 09:45 AM
    Definitely not trading this in!

02-28-09 09:49 AM
    No I would not get an iphone. I would feel like I am actually downgrading my phone. There are many things I would miss that the phone can't do. For example MMS no landscape when typing a txt message. Copy and paste. Having more than one app open at a time. **** the list goes on.

02-28-09 10:00 AM
    I would stay right where I am. I enjoy to much about the BlackBerry format to change.
    02-28-09 11:25 AM
    I would trade mine in in a second. Having no video recording, mms, copy and paste or A2DP bluetooth is exactly what I want in a smart phone.

laff. What a joke.
    02-28-09 11:30 AM
    I'd get it if it came to Verizon. Man, No two devices on two networks any more and my phone bill would be DIRT cheap
    02-28-09 11:32 AM
    Nope! I love my phone...
    02-28-09 11:44 AM
    If I wanted an IPhone, I would have an IPhone. I've never wanted an IPod either - maybe I like voting for the underdog - maybe I just can't justify the $$ that Apple seems to thing they can charge. Not sure what I gain if I use an IPhone that I really need or want compared to Storm.
    02-28-09 01:45 PM
    No way in hades. I am content with my Storm and I dislike Apple.......

02-28-09 02:13 PM
    I would take the iphone simply because of the fact that there are so many topics here on how to improve the bb...like improving battery, clicking, MEMORY so it doesnt lag! and so on...even going back to a place in messages when writing is kind of difficult, i like the storm, but i think the iphone is a lot easier to use.

The BB looks better i think though, i was actually have an argument with my friend the other day...all of them who have iphone, and i think bb looks better.
    02-28-09 04:36 PM
    If I wanted an IPhone, I would have an IPhone. I've never wanted an IPod either - maybe I like voting for the underdog - maybe I just can't justify the $$ that Apple seems to thing they can charge. Not sure what I gain if I use an IPhone that I really need or want compared to Storm.
    What do you mean they're very fair in pricing, 200 for a brand new 3G iphone is VERY fair...verizon isn't so fair with their prices.
    02-28-09 04:37 PM
    I would trade mine in in a second. Having no video recording, mms, copy and paste or A2DP bluetooth is exactly what I want in a smart phone.

laff. What a joke.
    You can have those on the iphone but you need to hack it, it's very easy to do so...but it kind of defeats the purpose hacking the phone to make it better right.

What is A2DP bluetooth?
    02-28-09 04:39 PM
    I owned the iphone for several months before changing to vzw and the storm and it was the best decison ever! I honestly did not have huge issues with the Iphone but the Iphone has that immediate wow factor but after using on a daily basis I quickly found that is it. I will admit though that the coverage that I would get with att did effect things a lot do to marginal coverage. If Iphone was on vzw and there was some minor tweaks in the positive then it would be pretty sweet phone but at the end of the day I and really happy where Im at and would not make the change
    03-02-09 07:08 AM
    No way, I'm staying with the Storm, momma didn't raise no quitter.
    03-02-09 07:53 AM
    I would not get an iphone period. I like the option to carry mulitple media cards, change my own battery, and even run my own programs and operating systems. Lock in = Bad.

The Iphone screen is really much worse than the BB too, it just looks blocky in comparison.
    03-02-09 08:02 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD