I might, but only to replace the current iPhone and get both our phones on Verizon (family plan).

However, if Apple were to make some much needed changes in the iPhone to make it more appealing for me, then maybe I'd get two of them. Depends on where the Storm is at by then and where the iPhone is at by then.
    02-27-09 04:01 PM
    I wouldnt get an iphone, I like my Storm. I have an ipod touch though, and that serves it purpose and my storm does the rest.
    i agree...
    02-27-09 04:02 PM
    I guess it would depend on how good the next official storm OS is for whether or not I would consider switching (if it ever became available on verizon).
    02-27-09 04:05 PM
    My storm 9500 is my first and last foray into blackberry, although I feel I would have less of a dislike had I got a bold or curve I cannot help but feel the storm is not the finished article.

I also have my ignorant ability in that it does far more than I need and is not the most user friendly device I've every used so for me..bad storm..poor user equals change

I will be looking to change my Storm for a Iphone as it is easier to use and most of the bugs have been sorted plus for me as I mostly browse and listen to music as well as just call and txt it's more to my needs.

So being honest for my needs I would swap to the Iphone
    02-27-09 04:11 PM
    Meh, probably not.

The only thing I do regularly that the iPhone handles better than the Storm is music, and I already have an iPod Touch.
    02-27-09 04:13 PM
    I would be very angry if they did. I just got my BB Storm. I might just have to have both!
    02-27-09 04:13 PM
    Assuming that the heavily documented signal issues wouldn't carry over to a CDMA variant of the iPhone, I can truthfully say that I would get an iPhone in a heartbeat. I have the iPod touch and the navigation is superior to the Storm. After a lot of tweaks, I'm really starting to enjoy my Storm, but it's still not the same quality as my touch. So, call me a traitor, but I would definitely get an iPhone - period.
    02-27-09 04:16 PM
    Also keep in mind that as RIM struggles to make a decent OS for the Storm, which is just a hacked up version of the Bold's OS, that was not even designed for a touch screen, imagine what Apple has in store for the future.
    Apple has had a polished stable product for two years.
    02-27-09 04:28 PM
    I love my Storm (Daisy). I would do a Storm/iPhone hybrid though. But a regular iPhone...nah!
    02-27-09 04:32 PM
    couldnt ever see myself going to an iphone. the dislike of them is what brought me to the storm and in turn crackberry.
    02-27-09 04:37 PM
    Just got back from apple store. Man I'd love an iphone on verizon

I would miss push email and the clicking screen though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 04:40 PM
    There is a reason that people buy blackberries. If you bought a bb storm expecting 10 million apps for it then you are mistaking and you should get rid of it and go buy an iphone. People buy bb for function not status or at least this is the reason I buy them this is actually my third blackberry going from an 8830 when it first came out loved the phone but missed my camera from my lg phone. My second bb was the 8330 curve loved that phone. Right now my wife uses it. I have tried the iphone before I decided to purchase my first bb although it is a great "toy" it does not have the functionality or practicality of a bb. There is a reason that all 500 fortune 500 companies use bb and not iphones.

Just my .02

02-27-09 04:41 PM
    The Iphone is the coolest "Gadget" on the market and it just so happens that you can make calls on it (sometimes).

If it moved to Verizon it would all depend on how Apple allowed Verizon to reverse engineer it to work on their network. Remember Apple came to Verizon first with the Iphone, but didn't want to give Verizon any say on how the phone would work. Verizon said thanks but no thanks. Unless Apple changed their tune, could be the same issue once their agreement with ATT is up.

As of right now, the Storm is the best phone available, hands down.
    02-27-09 04:45 PM
    if you'd have asked me this 2 months ago before i got my storm i'd have chosen a iphone but now... i have an itouch and a blackberry storm and after using my phone and itouch and hearing friends' stories of their iphones i will NEVER switch to an iphone ever. Blackberry is the BEST!
    02-27-09 04:48 PM
    I would sit in the Verizon store for an hour, holding each device in my hand, not knowing what to do. I have wanted an iPhone even before I had my 8330! I got the Storm because it is the most like it.
    02-27-09 04:51 PM
    There is a reason that people buy blackberries. If you bought a bb storm expecting 10 million apps for it then you are mistaking and you should get rid of it and go buy an iphone. People buy bb for function not status or at least this is the reason I buy them this is actually my third blackberry going from an 8830 when it first came out loved the phone but missed my camera from my lg phone. My second bb was the 8330 curve loved that phone. Right now my wife uses it. I have tried the iphone before I decided to purchase my first bb although it is a great "toy" it does not have the functionality or practicality of a bb. There is a reason that all 500 fortune 500 companies use bb and not iphones.

Just my .02

Yes, but do you really think of the Storm the same way you thought of your 8330? In my opinion, they are both different devices, totally. The Storm is consumer, thats basically it. While I use my Storm like a business person, I am always kind of yearning for the Niagara (CDMA Bold) because of the actual keyboard on it.

The thing is, people ARE expecting the Storm to have 10 bajillion apps on it. They are expecting it to be able to do everything that the iPhone can. Once the App storefront launches next month, people are going to be comparing it to the iPhone even more. No matter which way you put it, the Storm is the least "business-friendly" Blackberry.
    02-27-09 04:55 PM
    my provider is AT&T and i gave up my iphone last year for a curve and now own a storm. didnt own it more than 2 months a gave up. its junk. a toy for a teenager.
    02-27-09 05:09 PM
    i would get both! iphone as a toy, and my storm as my real device!
    02-27-09 05:57 PM
    no thanks, i guess i am naive in still have faith in the future builds coming out..i am sold on bb's.
    02-27-09 06:37 PM
    I had an iPhone for 5 months. I'm over the thrill of it so I doubt I'd give uo my BB for another one.
    02-27-09 07:06 PM
    storm all the way. even with crappy os
    02-27-09 07:07 PM
    Nope. I'm good!
    02-27-09 07:10 PM
    If it had been released before the Storm, i'd be all over it. But this sure click is unbeatable. I've said before, this will be my first and last all touchscreen phone. Would go for a itouch though. A music player us a music player. Don't need two in one.

02-27-09 09:28 PM
    I'd pass on the iphone for several reasons.
    1. I'm happy with my storm.
    4. I don't need a bajilloin apps. Very few iphone apps do something useful.
    2. I hate itunes and flat out refuse to use it.
    3. ipod/phone/touch are like (insert pop diva here): nice to look at but can't stand music coming out of them.
    4. I like the touch/click screen.. a lot actually!
    5. I paid full price for the storm, I'm gonna have it for a while.
    02-27-09 10:25 PM
    Be different and stick with my Storm *wink*
    02-27-09 11:04 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD