I am sure they have the right to send you a "CLNR" but they may not have any right now so you may get a brand new one.
    02-05-09 09:54 AM
    Or just go into a verizon corporate store and tell them you cracked your screen. Pay them $50 (cracked lcd screen fee) and they will give you a new one on the spot. (if they have them in stock)
    02-05-09 09:55 AM
    02-05-09 10:01 AM
    There are no CLNR for the storm yet. It is too new.. So for the time being, replacements are new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I also recieved one yesterday, so you are completely wrong. However, the CLNR are pretty much new because most of these are returned units that people returned 5/6 times looking for that "perfect" unit. The only problem I had with the CLNR that I got was it app error 205'd while putting .99 on it, but JL CMDR wipe and it's perfectly fine now. Works as good as the one I sent back, but without the dust under the screen.

And for the record, Asurion phones are CRAP. The Curve I got from them was in such bad shape, Verizon had to send me a CLNR to replace the horrible one I got from Asurion.
    Last edited by xilly; 02-05-09 at 10:22 AM.
    02-05-09 10:15 AM
    Or just go into a verizon corporate store and tell them you cracked your screen. Pay them $50 (cracked lcd screen fee) and they will give you a new one on the spot. (if they have them in stock)

Really? Thats hard to believe...
    02-06-09 07:27 AM
    the only new phones are the ones you get when you first purchase. any replacement is a refub. the ones for 50 bucks are definately refurbs. bottom line, doesnt matter what you get if its not an original purchase it is refurb. in some way. some may be newer than others but they are already used in some way.
    Last edited by omar8012; 02-06-09 at 07:38 AM. Reason: spelling
    02-06-09 07:36 AM
    Really? Thats hard to believe...
    Worked for me...I was within my 30 days, but IIRC it wouldn't have mattered. Most of the Verizon stores I've been in have a sign that lists prices for replacement/returns and the like. As I was getting mine replaced, a guy next to me got his voyager replaced for $50 cause he cracked the screen.
    02-06-09 11:25 AM
    Is there any report on how the refurbished are working compared to the new ones? I know that some people are having a lot of problems and some are having none (with the official OS). My phone has been decent but I have dust and don't wanna trade and get a phone full of issues? Or am I wrong that phones are acting differently?

02-06-09 11:40 AM
    I could be wrong but I thought they send a new on when using the Asurian. Insurance claim. But they can send a CLNR phone when you are getting it replaced from Verizon under your warranty.
    PS...I have a "Mexico-made" storm with NO problems. Seems funny to me that you want another Canadian one when they have the dust problems that annoyed you so much that you broke your phone tying to fix!?

My Mexico Storm has dust issues...
    02-06-09 03:51 PM
    Well i just received my replacement and it came brand new sealed in the box!!! Just as if i were to got to Verizon and purchase one..
    02-06-09 06:11 PM
    haha don't try pulling the screen off this one
    02-06-09 06:14 PM
    haha don't try pulling the screen off this one
    I know im a dumb***!! After it broke i finally took the screen off and at the bottom it wasn't even sealed!

But im just happy i got a brand new phone in the box with everything!!!
    02-06-09 06:17 PM
    I would call and ask if you have it, if you don't - I would get it...deal without having a phone for a week or so, so it doesn't look fishy...then file the claim.
    02-06-09 06:54 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD