Broke my storm just now!! I should have gone to bed but no... i had the phone off and saw all kinds of dust like a lot more than yesterday. So my stupid self comes up with the idea of pulling the screen off and cleaing the actual lcd and get rid of the dust.. As soon as i pry up on the screen it cracks right down the middle!!! Im such an *****!!!! I have never ever broken a phone this is my first! Guess theirs a first for everything!

So how do i tell if i have insurance? I know some of you paid a deductable and got a brand new one... How do i go about doing that? I need a new phone ASAP... Or how much would it cost if i were just to go buy a new one from Verizon?

Help anyone??
    02-05-09 07:20 AM
    Check your statement - it will tell you if you have insurance. BTW - how do you not know if you have insurance?

Anyone that thinks doing what you did to a $500 phone is a good idea should buy insurance on everything.
    02-05-09 07:23 AM
    If you have insurance you will be paying a monthly fee through Verizon. I am paying 5.99 per month for it. If you do have it, you will pay a $50.00 deductible.

If you don't ... you are going to have to pay full price for the phone ... which is like 500 or so bucks ...

Just call Verizon , don't tell them you broke it, just inquire about replacement, just in case.
    02-05-09 07:24 AM
    I agree with Bundy too ... I mean you are walking around with a $500.00 phone yet you don't know if you have insurance??? That should be mandatory ....

Anyway, good luck.
    02-05-09 07:26 AM
    that is why i have phone insurance
    02-05-09 07:29 AM
    Okay i have insurance. On the phone now bout to make a claim.
    02-05-09 07:32 AM
    Are the phones Asurion sends out are they brand new?
    02-05-09 07:37 AM
    thank jeebus...
    02-05-09 07:38 AM
    I hope the replacement is brand new and i hope its made in Canada!
    02-05-09 07:49 AM
    They are not brand new... they send you a refurb.
    02-05-09 07:52 AM
    I just read this thread and pretty much everyone said they received a brand new in box one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wha...ements-147013/
    02-05-09 07:55 AM
    I just read this thread and pretty much everyone said they received a brand new in box one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wha...ements-147013/
    They "think" its new... but its a Like-new certified one directly from RIM... my gf just got one... her 4th one and its a refurbished.
    02-05-09 07:58 AM
    And it comes in the Box? with everything?
    02-05-09 08:00 AM
    And it comes in the Box? with everything?
    It comes in a brown box, I believe... without a battery, without a cover, and without an SD card, all this you use from your previous storm.
    02-05-09 08:04 AM
    depends. you'll likely get a brand new one or an FRU (field replacement unit) .. which at this point, all of them are new, they just dont come with ANY accessories.
    02-05-09 08:05 AM
    There are no CLNR for the storm yet. It is too new.. So for the time being, replacements are new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 08:44 AM
    I keep hearing both sides but oh well.. Im gonna save up and in about two weeks ill go buy a brand new one from Best Buy or Verizon for 500$.. Im OCD so ide rather have a brand new one... one that i like (made in Canada) and that i can mess with before purchase..
    02-05-09 08:47 AM
    Wow.. Hope this works out for you.

02-05-09 08:48 AM
    There are no CLNR for the storm yet. It is too new.. So for the time being, replacements are new.

False.

My brother received a certified like new replacement ("CLNR") in mid-January. The Storm came in a slim white box, no padding. On the white box it said "certified like new." The phone was just clattering around in that box, which was then in a larger brown shipping box, again with no padding.

He returned that CLNR for a new one the next day.
    02-05-09 08:53 AM
    Okay i have insurance. On the phone now bout to make a claim.
    I keep hearing both sides but oh well.. Im gonna save up and in about two weeks ill go buy a brand new one from Best Buy or Verizon for 500$.. Im OCD so ide rather have a brand new one... one that i like (made in Canada) and that i can mess with before purchase..
    God Bless America.
    02-05-09 08:53 AM
    False.

My brother received a certified like new replacement ("CLNR") in mid-January. The Storm came in a slim white box, no padding. On the white box it said "certified like new." The phone was just clattering around in that box, which was then in a larger brown shipping box, again with no padding.

He returned that CLNR for a new one the next day.
    And they resent him a new one?
    02-05-09 08:55 AM
    I could be wrong but I thought they send a new on when using the Asurian. Insurance claim. But they can send a CLNR phone when you are getting it replaced from Verizon under your warranty.
    PS...I have a "Mexico-made" storm with NO problems. Seems funny to me that you want another Canadian one when they have the dust problems that annoyed you so much that you broke your phone tying to fix!?

02-05-09 09:07 AM
    Are you kidding me? Why would you waste 500$? Ive had two claims and each phone they sent me was in such great condition, that there was no way to tell the difference between a brand new phone and the refurb.

They dont send you some used phone that joe schmoe used for three weeks and traded in.
    02-05-09 09:11 AM
    thats why you should tell them you lost it or something so they have to send a new phone WITH everything
    02-05-09 09:48 AM
    yea from what i have heard the ones made in mexico are dust free and the ones from canada are the only ones that are plauged with dust, i have a canadian i have had in my hand since 11.21.08, and yup i've got dust too.
    02-05-09 09:50 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD