So......I called for a replacement storm because my original phone started having a bad click on the lower left AND it would die/reset itself about once a day when i hit the BB button to make the screen light up. Other than that there were no problems, but I thought maybe I could get a better phone from a newer one...

well my replacement came today...brown box just the phone, no battery or media card...i think it is a refurb...this one is made in mexico and the screen click is AMAZING compared to my other one...however...the red/end button is SO LOOSE that it will likely fall off in like a week so I can't live with that

My question to you guys is can I just take my phones to a corporate store and show them and get another replacement? I am still within my 30 days of original purchase....I would think I would get a brand new phone if I was within the 30 days.

Ugh I just want a Storm that has my replacement's screen and everything else from my original phone....

this sucks...any insight or suggestions? Thanks.
    01-05-09 10:16 PM
    If you are in your 30 days go to the store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 11:11 PM
    yeah , just take it to the store , but odds are you will have better luck through customer service , most stores are still sold out.
    01-05-09 11:23 PM
    thanks guys
    01-06-09 12:04 AM
    So......I called for a replacement storm because my original phone started having a bad click on the lower left AND it would die/reset itself about once a day when i hit the BB button to make the screen light up. Other than that there were no problems, but I thought maybe I could get a better phone from a newer one...

well my replacement came today...brown box just the phone, no battery or media card...i think it is a refurb...this one is made in mexico and the screen click is AMAZING compared to my other one...however...the red/end button is SO LOOSE that it will likely fall off in like a week so I can't live with that

My question to you guys is can I just take my phones to a corporate store and show them and get another replacement? I am still within my 30 days of original purchase....I would think I would get a brand new phone if I was within the 30 days.

Ugh I just want a Storm that has my replacement's screen and everything else from my original phone....

this sucks...any insight or suggestions? Thanks.
    That should be a new phone. Not a refurb. And the way I understand it the ones in the brown boxes are indeed new. The refurbs come in a white box and there just aren't that many of those out there yet....

just call *611. They'll end another one.....and another, and another if you so desire.
    01-06-09 09:07 AM
    Your better off going to a store and so that they can order you a new one. They might be sold out but they can order them to your house.

If you do it over the phone, they will most likely send you a refurb.
    01-06-09 11:14 AM
    I beginning to wonder about the Storm with all of these replacements threads on CB as of late. Not a good sign. Hopefully, I am just misreading signs again.
    01-06-09 11:32 AM
    That's not a refurb. That's a new device. Refer to this thread.
    01-06-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD