And as a bonus, if you voice your dislike of a feature of the program or don't proclaim it the BEST EVER - the programmers of Ubertwitter don't harass you on twitter!
    05-08-09 02:18 PM
    Have downloaded and really like the new features. Definitely worth it.
    05-08-09 02:51 PM
    i downloaded it and was loving it until i started running into "Network Error" and lock up issues. as i started to dig deeper into the underlying reason for these i took a look at the permissions it requests. talk about eye opening! the app wants full reign over every option listed.

in my haste to reign in the app before it realized the power given to it i modified the "default permissions" instead of the app permissions.

does anyone have a list of the default permissions in the actual "default" settings?
    05-08-09 06:14 PM
    The first time I'm downloaded ubertwitter and started it everything loaded fine. Now when I open it it just stays on the you and your friends screen forever and never loads. When I go into options and click verify twitter account it gives me a trouble communicating with twitter error message. Anyone else having loading issues and does anyone know how to fix this??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 06:36 PM
    It started giving me network issues and freezes on my end after posting update. For shame, I don't use extra features, should have kept the older beta. I even gave it full access, I never do that.

05-08-09 06:38 PM
    The first time I'm downloaded ubertwitter and started it everything loaded fine. Now when I open it it just stays on the you and your friends screen forever and never loads. When I go into options and click verify twitter account it gives me a trouble communicating with twitter error message. Anyone else having loading issues and does anyone know how to fix this??

This isn't a problem with ubertwitter, twitter in general is down for a lil while. You'll get no twitter from any client, not even from the "all mighty" tweet genius, which a lot of people have been asking for a refund from those guys (gee I wonder why, pay 5 dollars for a crappy laggy program where the developers insult you).
    05-08-09 06:43 PM
    This isn't a problem with ubertwitter, twitter in general is down for a lil while. You'll get no twitter from any client, not even from the "all mighty" tweet genius, which a lot of people have been asking for a refund from those guys (gee I wonder why, pay 5 dollars for a crappy laggy program where the developers insult you).
    Are you sure?... because I just opened up twitterberry and it loaded fine for me and updated my friends timeline. I've been having ubertwitter loading errors all day. Really frustrating because I like ubertwitter so much more than twitterberry!

05-08-09 06:59 PM
    Are you sure?... because I just opened up twitterberry and it loaded fine for me and updated my friends timeline. I've been having ubertwitter loading errors all day. Really frustrating because I like ubertwitter so much more than twitterberry!

Twitter had a notification on their page that they would be down at 2PM PST today, and again on Monday for an upgrade.
    05-08-09 07:04 PM
    want to give it a try..but is everyones profile options not working..I really don't want my bb vibrating/blinking on every update..tia
    05-08-09 10:16 PM
    I prefer updating manually, but I can see how the blinking would be annoying. I remember it took me a while to figure it out on TwitterBerry, and the blinking LED drove me crazy.
    05-08-09 10:23 PM
    So is ubertwitter currently not working for everyone or is it just me?

05-08-09 10:39 PM
    mine works (earlier today it kept saying "network error" tho)
    05-08-09 10:40 PM
    Notification light is driving me crazy. I only want it for emails or vms. Didn't have this problem in previous version... Considering how many tweets I get, the light is on all the time. I set the refresh to never to work around this.

Can't access profiles as pointed out in previous threads. All I get is the setup wizard when I hit BB->options.

Previous version was a really good program.
    05-09-09 12:09 AM
    Notification light is driving me crazy. I only want it for emails or vms. Didn't have this problem in previous version... Considering how many tweets I get, the light is on all the time. I set the refresh to never to work around this.

Can't access profiles as pointed out in previous threads. All I get is the setup wizard when I hit BB->options.

Previous version was a really good program.
    Go to Profiles (where you turn the ringer to normal, vibrate, quiet, etc.).

Click on Advanced. Then go to the active Profile.

Scroll to UberTwitter.
    05-09-09 12:21 AM
    Go to Profiles (where you turn the ringer to normal, vibrate, quiet, etc.).

Click on Advanced. Then go to the active Profile.

Scroll to UberTwitter.
    The Profile set-up on the Storm does not have "Advanced".

My remedy for this issue: I set up a custom profile and turned off the sound and vib for UberTwitter
    05-09-09 01:43 AM
    Work Smooth so far loads quick shows full tweet
    05-09-09 07:18 AM
    The Profile set-up on the Storm does not have "Advanced".

My remedy for this issue: I set up a custom profile and turned off the sound and vib for UberTwitter
    It took me a while to figure this out...
    Go to the sound button on top of the home screen.
    Press it and scroll to set ring tones/Alerts
    ->other->ubertwitter-new tweets AND ->uberwitter-replies
    Set the sounds and blinking light the way you want them.
    That fixes the blinking light issues.
    Much better.
    Remember, you have to adjust profiles for both NEW tweets AND REPLIES.
    Last edited by widdlewade; 05-09-09 at 10:46 AM.
    05-09-09 10:44 AM
    Does anyone know why on my storm it shows a keyboard on half of the screen and the program on the other half? i have not been able to get rid of the keyboard. also, the scrolling is backwards and i have to scroll to what i want to click on to click on it. i cant just click right on it? any thoughts?
    05-09-09 12:24 PM
    Does anyone know why on my storm it shows a keyboard on half of the screen and the program on the other half? i have not been able to get rid of the keyboard. also, the scrolling is backwards and i have to scroll to what i want to click on to click on it. i cant just click right on it? any thoughts?
    I believe you can go to: Options--->Advanced Options ---> Applications.... Highlight UberTwitter.... press blackberry button, and disable Compatibility Mode.
    05-09-09 12:41 PM
    I can't seem to be able to login into twitter with this app? Any ideas, sorry I have not read the thread if the question was already answered
    05-09-09 02:54 PM
    Ah, I just noticed that UberTwitter leaves a signature on all of your tweets sent with it. Where it says, "about X hours ago from UberTwitter". I guess its standard for third party apps but I dont like it. Do all of them leave this signature?
    05-09-09 03:01 PM
    Ah, I just noticed that UberTwitter leaves a signature on all of your tweets sent with it. Where it says, "about X hours ago from UberTwitter". I guess its standard for third party apps but I dont like it. Do all of them leave this signature?
    Yes... they all do. Even the PC-based ones. (When you update right from Twitter, the "signature" says "from Web.")
    05-09-09 03:32 PM
    Yes... they all do. Even the PC-based ones. (When you update right from Twitter, the "signature" says "from Web.")
    Thanks. Wish it didn't. Cant personally say the pc ones all do, I did have one that did not leave any signatures but the "from web", just cant remember what I used.
    05-09-09 04:51 PM
    I can't seem to be able to login into twitter with this app? Any ideas, sorry I have not read the thread if the question was already answered
    had the same problem b/c the interface doesnt really show a box to login, just click in the space to the right of username and password and the cursor will show so you can type in your info...
    05-11-09 11:16 AM
    Crazy, I need to downgrade to get this thing to work.
    05-11-09 12:13 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD