the typing without clicking would only be beneficial, imo, when you are on a call. remember the curve? people would always ask "whats that noise" when i was replying to a text, or even moving the trackball too fast.....
    LOL. Glad I dont have the trackball to give my self away anymore.
    12-21-08 11:51 AM
    Isn't the clicking apart of the hardware and not a software problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yes, but being a programmer myself, there is a possible way of just not having the typing register the click and only let it register the capacitive touch screen. And more than likely, if any old phone software company would like a foot hold in the app store, this would certainly be the way to make a bit of money. It will certainly not be free.
    12-21-08 12:16 PM
    I'm no programmer but it doesn't sound too hard. Just make an app that registers every screen "tap" as a "click" when the keyboard is displayed. That would add a few quirks of its own probably and maybe remove some other functionality...but I'm all for it and I know I'm not the only one!
    12-26-08 09:39 PM
    I wouldn't want this feature at all. I have typed on quite a few virtual keyboards testing them out & to me this is what sets the STORM above the rest. The true feedback that you receive when you are typing. Also HOW exactly do the clicking slow you down? You can type as fast as you like & it will STILL register the keys that you actually TYPE even if there is a millisecond lag. They will still show up on the screen just like you type them. No worries at least not for me.
    12-26-08 09:57 PM
    Take the phone back...that's the best way to be able to type without having to click the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-08 10:23 PM
    im thinking i might return my storm for a curve because the typing is a pain in the ****. the clock slows me down and i make soooo many typos, but i need to make my decision fast on whether im going to return my storm or not. should i stick with it or return for a curve?
    12-27-08 06:33 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD