New here and a new BB owner...great site. Learning alot about my storm on the "tips and tricks" thread. Something I didn't find or missed...

When typing in a email or text everything is fast and the display keeps up with my typing, but when typing on a forum, such as this one, my typing is way ahead of the display. At times I'll be a sentence or two ahead of the screen, makes it really hard to make corrections, well with the number of mistakes I make and all!! Is this "Lag" just the nature of the beast or can I correct it somehow??

Thanks,
    Wenty
    02-14-09 03:35 AM
    Is it only on this stit, or all sites? Is it when your posting, or typing anything into the browser? Ice seen a few letters behind, but not a whole sentence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:32 AM
    It's on all sites, forums, message boards, etc.

Emails, messages, calendar, etc...are all fine.

Wenty
    02-14-09 05:58 AM
    Do you have a good signal? I can't see any reason your typing output should lag so far behind.
    Did you put a new firmware on your BB? Have you tried a battery pull?

02-14-09 06:02 AM
    I just got it a week ago, I specifically asked the sales guy..."newest updates", to which he replied "yes"?? I have tried pulling the battery a few times, no help. Good signal.

I'm returning this one for a warranty replacement today. Has a dim spot when I'm on a white screen.

I'm not much of a techi, how do I know which "firmware" I have??

Thanks.

Wenty
    02-14-09 06:21 AM
    The latest leak update resolves this issue........
    02-14-09 06:50 AM
    Ok...so I went under options.

.75, my understanding that's the newest "official" update, correct??

On that note...what is everyones feeling on updating with the "leaked" update rather than waiting for the "official" update?

Not being a techi...I learn more and more with every click on this site...I appreciate this help!!

Wenty
    02-14-09 07:04 AM
    These leaked updates have their share of bugs. If your not adventurous, don't update. .75 will do for now. Verizon will likely release their official update in the next month.

If you have a dim spot on the screen, definitely being it back.

02-14-09 07:09 AM
    .103 is latest updated version which addresses the lag.
    02-14-09 08:03 AM
    .75 is the latest official release from Verizon. It didn't have keyboard lag. At least, not like the leaked versions. There may be something wrong with your BB browser.

Either way, if there is a hardware problem and you have dim spots on your screen, bring the phone back and they will replace it.
    02-14-09 09:23 AM
    For me,.75 hasn't really fixed the typing lag at all. I'd say it can get a good five seconds behind.

02-14-09 09:50 AM
    New here and a new BB owner...great site. Learning alot about my storm on the "tips and tricks" thread. Something I didn't find or missed...

When typing in a email or text everything is fast and the display keeps up with my typing, but when typing on a forum, such as this one, my typing is way ahead of the display. At times I'll be a sentence or two ahead of the screen, makes it really hard to make corrections, well with the number of mistakes I make and all!! Is this "Lag" just the nature of the beast or can I correct it somehow??

Thanks,
    Wenty
    I have the same problem when typing in this forum. I don't know if it happens in any other forums, because I only use this one. The first letter I hit will stay lit up the whole time I am typing (that's how bad the lag is).
    02-14-09 11:34 AM
    Is this problem fixed with the any of the leaked OS?
    02-14-09 05:09 PM
    Same problem with .75 here. Typing is slower when in the browser.
    02-14-09 08:27 PM
    The latest leak on 9530 definitely did NOT resolve this issue for me.
    02-14-09 09:47 PM
    The latest leak on 9530 definitely did NOT resolve this issue for me.
    DITTO . . . ESPECIALLY WHEN IN THE BROWSER ... I'm running 4.7.0.103
    Last edited by thornem1; 02-14-09 at 11:28 PM.
    02-14-09 11:26 PM
    Well...went and got a replacement this morning. This one does the same thing, terrible lag!! I can type 5-6 lines and it'll be behind by three lines. I can let off the keyboard and sit and watch every letter I typed in slow motion. It keeps up for the first letter or two...after that...SEE YA! Two phones in a week, both exactly the same. Makes it very hard to type, keep up with spelling errors and post to forums. A few are saying the new leaks fix it??

I asked the sales guy how many Storms they sell a day, his answer..."on average 4-5." I then asked how many get returned a day to which he replied..."4-5." Are these phones really that crappy!!

Wenty
    02-14-09 11:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD