hello everyone,

i tried searching a lot before asking this questions. I know that they might have been answered in a way but i want to make sure that i get this right.

I recently got the storm 2 to replace my pearl,but i find it really hard to type on it.

I am used to the pearl keayboard 2 letteres in one button, and i was happy to find this type of keyboard on storm BUT i never used suretype on my pearl beause i write in greek but with latin alphabet so none of the words i type are recognizable by the phone. On my pearl i had the ability to switch the word prediction off, but it seems like on storm when using the same keyboard the word prediction never comes off and it is not just word prediction but something like a dictionary . Is there a way to just use the suretype keyboard but without the phone correcting or suggesting you words ??

On landscape mode , i find it sooo hard to type because i have long nails ( and no i m not going to cut my nails just because i got a new phone i pay a small fortune to keep them nice and always in tip top shape) . Is there a way to make the keys bigger when in landscape? or is there a way to have different types of keyboard in landscape mode and not just full qwerty ?? and if not is there a way to STOP it from making suggestions when i type ?? I am sure that i will never ever get used to that and nor will the phone learn my words and stop doing it in a week or so because as i said earlier i type in latin charachters but spell greek words and it is impossible that the phone is THAT smart !!!

when in portrait mode i find it easier for the time being to use the multitap keyboard because it is the only one that does not try to correct me or suggest words BUT i cant get used to this type of keyboard after using a pearl for three years ...

another question i have is regarding bbmessenger; I managed to disable the ENTER=SEND option on sms and mms and i think that it doesnt do that when writing emails either BUT on bbmessenger i m not able to change that so whenever i try to press backspace to delete something if i accidentaly press the ENTER button then it sends my msg directly. I need to change that !!

hope you will be able to help me and even if not , thnkx for reading and for your suggestions and tips
    07-04-10 04:04 AM
    no you can't change the keyboard key size.

1. you can go download the free to use LIGHTNING KEYBOARD which shows key in staggered mode.
    2. if u uses os 607 and above, then option>screen/keyboard>show key indicator>set to always
    3. Option>Lang & text input>input style = auto correction, then click show text input options > UNCHECK the auto correction
    07-04-10 05:44 AM
    thnx for your reply what do you mean staggered mode ? you know where i could get that app? btw i ve read people downloading themes that ater the keybard layout as well is that true ? and how could i get one of those themes ??
    07-04-10 07:25 AM
    my OS is 5.0.0.436 and i use a mac so i m not sure if i am able to upggrate to the version you mentioned. also in the blackberry website they say that 9520 is not compatible with the version 5 ( but mine has a 5 version so i guess that is not very accurate ) . anyhow since i have a different version i am not able to apply the directions you say in your second suggestion i dont see the same options as you but i did apply the last suggestion you made which already makes it a lot easier for landscape typing thns a lot
    07-04-10 07:37 AM
    thnx for your reply what do you mean staggered mode ? you know where i could get that app? btw i ve read people downloading themes that ater the keybard layout as well is that true ? and how could i get one of those themes ??
    You can get that app here
    07-04-10 08:43 AM
    i use a mac
    Sorry! wahaha, i didn't realise you are using a mac and also you are using the GSM version of storm2.

Maybe some mac user in the forum can help you more than me do.

Or you can check bb website for software download for mac. Download the desktop manager. Or you already have it?

1. Connect your phone to your computer and perform a 1 time standalone backup first.

2. Then perform software update. The software will detect your OS and DM version and ask if you want to upgrade or downgrade. Those upgrades are the official ones.

3. Just make sure you leave the phone and computer turn on with cable connected throughout the process till completion.
    07-04-10 11:35 AM
    Sorry! wahaha, i didn't realise you are using a mac and also you are using the GSM version of storm2.

Maybe some mac user in the forum can help you more than me do.

Or you can check bb website for software download for mac. Download the desktop manager. Or you already have it?

1. Connect your phone to your computer and perform a 1 time standalone backup first.

2. Then perform software update. The software will detect your OS and DM version and ask if you want to upgrade or downgrade. Those upgrades are the official ones.

3. Just make sure you leave the phone and computer turn on with cable connected throughout the process till completion.
    ok i already have the desktop manager for mac but i preffer to do this at work tomorrow since i have a pc there and its easier thats how i did it for my pearl for three years now
    07-04-10 02:14 PM
    You can get that app here
    thnx a lot for the link but app world doesnt work for my country anyways since it is not free i think i ll wait to see how i ll do with the new settings others suggested before buying an app that i m not sure if it will help me or not
    07-04-10 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD