Did anyone notice significantly more typos with .90? I found that I really have to search the right spot to get any button or letter on the screen to actually register my presses. I never had any problems pressing the right letter during texting or clicking a link before now. Does it seem worse than .86?
    01-30-09 12:22 PM
    I found the exact opposite. I had far less mistakes and found it easier to type. In the landscape view that is.
    01-30-09 12:30 PM
    I seem to be having more typos as well, although it does seem to be a lot faster. Maybe it is just me typing too fast and missing the buttons. What I do notice that never happened before is that my letters turn to caps very frequently during typing, which is kind of a pain in the ****.
    01-30-09 12:32 PM
    I found the exact opposite. I had far less mistakes and found it easier to type. In the landscape view that is.
    what about when using the browser? I had a really hard time selecting links, and pressing buttons on pages. The browser just kept zooming in, instead of going to the link I selected. Maybe I should downgrade to .86?
    01-30-09 12:36 PM
    I have to say that I didn't use the browser a whole lot when I had .90 installed. I had to downgrade after 2 days due to freeze ups. I went back to my reliable .85. I do miss the .90 keyboard though, a lot.
    01-30-09 12:39 PM
    I seem to be having more typos as well, although it does seem to be a lot faster. Maybe it is just me typing too fast and missing the buttons. What I do notice that never happened before is that my letters turn to caps very frequently during typing, which is kind of a pain in the ****.
    Yea, i have the same thing. I type a lot and it's driving me madddd. What makes it automatically capitalize? Maybe there is a setting that can be changed?
    01-30-09 12:39 PM
    I have to say that I didn't use the browser a whole lot when I had .90 installed. I had to downgrade after 2 days due to freeze ups. I went back to my reliable .85. I do miss the .90 keyboard though, a lot.
    Landscape mode's keyboard is really nice looking. All the letters are finally the same size. Did you try wiping and reinstalling .90 before going back to .85? Idk why, but that fixed a good portion of the freeze up and camera issues I was having.
    01-30-09 12:41 PM
    I find that I make fewer errors and I type much faster with .90 in landscape mode. The new full protrait keyboard, I'm still feeling my way around a bit.
    01-30-09 12:53 PM
    Yea, i have the same thing. I type a lot and it's driving me madddd. What makes it automatically capitalize? Maybe there is a setting that can be changed?

Yes, slow your key rate in Options> Screen/Keyboard to lengthen the time it takes for the phone to think you're holding down a key. Capitalization happens when you hold a key. That is why the app switcher will come up too easy, as well.
    Last edited by rfabro; 01-30-09 at 12:59 PM.
    01-30-09 12:57 PM
    Yes, slow your key rate in Options> Screen/Keyboard to lengthen the time it takes for the phone to think you're holding down a key. Capitalization happens when you hold a key. That is why the app switcher will come up too easy, as well.
    Doing that now! Thank you!!
    01-30-09 01:06 PM
    Jack your settings all the way up..... I did that and I can type allot fast and allot less mistakes.....
    01-30-09 01:10 PM
    Did anyone notice significantly more typos with .90? I found that I really have to search the right spot to get any button or letter on the screen to actually register my presses. I never had any problems pressing the right letter during texting or clicking a link before now. Does it seem worse than .86?
    I am glad to see someone else bring this up. I seem to have problems hitting the space at times when I mean to hit the letters down by it. I also hit the sym button alot more. I do like the keyboard look better just not the accuracy.
    01-30-09 01:11 PM
    I also have many more mistakes. But .90 is a lot more stable for me than .85 ever was. It has trouble coming out of locked mode some times though.
    01-30-09 01:15 PM
    I have found that typing with .90 is much better. However, sometimes it does lag behind but as long as I keep typing it eventually catches up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 02:03 PM
    I think you were more careful when it was less familiar. I like the new qwerty. Would like to see a half qwerty that can be swiped to switch halves. Or FITALY. Even the crammed mini qwerty is better than suretype on storm. U r supposed to be able to click single letters in your text to fix them. impossible. I always ended up backspacing to correct anything. I also dislike predictive text in general. I turn off the autocorrect on my storm. It still auto caps and auto punctuates. Great phone. Way to go.

01-30-09 05:10 PM
    i cant type on any of the OS's. on any of the keyboards.

i was trying to type an important email last night and it was going so badly that i was 10 seconds away from calling verizon and begging them to let me return the storm and wait for the cdma bold.
    01-30-09 05:13 PM
    Typing on .90 improved my accuracy. Unforunately .90 was unstable for me and I had to downgrade back to .75 and I made a lot more mistakes typing than I did on .90
    01-30-09 05:17 PM
    Why is there no way to quickly send the text??? or is there??? I have to hit the menu button and then send, there should be a one touch send button!!!
    01-30-09 08:10 PM
    I thought it was just me.. I typed perfect on 75, 85, and 86.. but on 90 it all went to **** =\
    01-30-09 08:21 PM
    On .90 I am having a
    difficult time typing with the full keyboard. What I have noticed is that SureType is actually doing what is supposed to do and that is learning my typing patterns as well as making typing much more efficient
    By anticipating my words while typing. I can honestly say with the latest upgrade this phone has become a pleasure to use thank god for leaks

01-30-09 08:44 PM
    I make so many more typo's it drives me crazy.

I think people that type in portrait find it easier and people who type in landscape find it a lot harder.
    01-30-09 09:13 PM
    Why is there no way to quickly send the text??? or is there??? I have to hit the menu button and then send, there should be a one touch send button!!!
    I press the BB button and the SEND is already selected so I press the BB button again. I just press it twice quick and it sends.
    01-30-09 09:23 PM
    I press the BB button and the SEND is already selected so I press the BB button again. I just press it twice quick and it sends.
    The other thing you can do is swipe your finger down the keyboard to hide it and the send button is there to hit when it disappears. It was faster for me.

The typos I get on the Storm on .90 are the caps and when I get to the end of a sentence and want to put a "." it often puts an "o" or a "p" instead. That drives me f'ing crazy!!
    01-30-09 10:11 PM
    Definitely an improvement for me! I have big fingers so the expanded .90 keyboard (in landscape of course) is fantastic. No shot in portrait!!!!
    01-30-09 10:42 PM
    Just tap the menu button twice. The default thing when you're wanting to send is sent and if you hit menu again it picks send. So just type your text and email and tap tap on menu and out it goes.
    01-30-09 11:10 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD