1:

Can individual users be assigned specific text tones? I've never seen any phone that can do this, but then again, I've never used a blackberry

2:

Regarding the magnetic cases. As soon as the storm is avaliable in stores I plan on buying one, along with the BB brand leather pocket with the magnet to put it into standby. I plan on keeping the phone in the pocket at all times.

My question is: If the phone only has one profile for when it recognizes the magnet, how can I control wether or not its on silent or not? When I'm in class I don't want to have my phone ring, but any other time I would like to...

Can the phone be set to just go into standby mode and retain whatever profile I set prior to putting the phone in the pocket?

Or am I totally wrong in how things work and its not an issue to worry about at all?

Thanks for the help.
    12-03-08 10:52 AM
    No answers at all?
    12-03-08 10:54 PM
    1) can individual users be assigned specific text tones?

There are Contact Alerts for Phone and Messages that can be customized for individual contacts (under profiles). Messages seems a little vague, but I think if it's anything ike the Messages mailbox, SMS,MMS and Email wwould be covered. I would definately look on the RIM site for the 9530 user manual or do a search in the Blog as the manual has been either posted or linked on there.

2) magnetic cases (AKA Holster)

The are multiple profiles you can modify or create a custom profile. In each profile you can set what you want to happen while unholstered and holstered. As far as class goes, you can either switch to a "Classroom" profile or hold down the mute button on the top and it changes to the Vibrate Only profile.

I admit I am not an expert at this, but decided I would go through the features to try and find you an answer.
    12-03-08 11:10 PM
    Thank you Edward.

Both answers are what I wanted to hear

Now if you could just do something about getting the shipment of phones to my local Verizon store sooner. heh.
    12-04-08 12:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD