I love my Storm, but I have to say that even with the youtube app, the video is low quality. I did a side-by-side comparison with a friend's iPhone last night, and the Storm looked terrible. Is this due to lack of flash?
    Sorry if i'm adding to the thread hijack!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 11:49 AM
    Oh the joys of BB ownership...I just got my first BB a few weeks ago and was absolutely stunned at the two things you bring up in this post... (youtube and video download (or any kind of download))

In answer to your second question...the most likely reason you are getting the error is that you have exceeded the maximum allowed download limit imposed by BB on their broweser...and it's acually like 1.1MB not 5MB. The best fix around it that I have found (where I have downloaded upto 120MB files) is to use your normal BB browser to find the site you want to download then copy the address and paste it in the opera mini browser app and use that to download the file. The reason I say use the BB browser first is that the current version of Opera is definitely not ment for the storm and is very difficult to navigate in... once they update it for the storm you could techniqually use Opera for everything.

However please note that Opera does not support flash, drop down menu's...etc cause it uses an offsite server to process the info and then sends the page to your BB. So if the site you are downloading from needs flash then this trick wont work.

try Videos 4 Blackberry and download an episode of your favorite show to try it out.

***But please for the love of all that is holy... make sure you have an unlimited data plan before doing this as I believe the going rate is $8 a megabyte...which means on a 100mb file it'll cost you $800 (I think there is a limit of X amount before they stop charging you though...but still that is very expensive)****

In answer to your first question... or at least part answer... yes although the Youtube app will help...all the videos will be substantially poor in quality compared to if you viewed them on a computer...and this is not BB's soul fault, youtube's shares the blame as they downgrade the quality substantially when they recognize that you are on a mobile (same problem with the Iphone).... Now I know some people will rant that they have watched youtube videos on their buddies Iphone and it is great quality...but that is only because they were probably using Wifi which bypasses the youtube downgrade bullpoop... so all you have to do to get great youtube video is use the wifi on the storm...oh wait there is none cause RIM was on crack when they developed this.

Hope this helps answer your questions and good luck with the phone
    12-31-08 03:47 PM
    Is there an adjustment to make the youtube app have a better quality. I saw a youtube app for the iphone and its 20x better.
    12-31-08 04:55 PM
    Is there an adjustment to make the youtube app have a better quality. I saw a youtube app for the iphone and its 20x better.
    read my post which is directly above yours for your answer...but in short...NO
    12-31-08 06:24 PM
    In answer to your first question... or at least part answer... yes although the Youtube app will help...all the videos will be substantially poor in quality compared to if you viewed them on a computer...and this is not BB's soul fault, youtube's shares the blame as they downgrade the quality substantially when they recognize that you are on a mobile (same problem with the Iphone).... Now I know some people will rant that they have watched youtube videos on their buddies Iphone and it is great quality...but that is only because they were probably using Wifi which bypasses the youtube downgrade bullpoop... so all you have to do to get great youtube video is use the wifi on the storm...oh wait there is none cause RIM was on crack when they developed this.
    does anyone know if we can hope for better quality in the future..?
    the quality right now is so horrible that the videos are not watchable imo.. :-/
    01-01-09 05:24 PM
    does anyone know if we can hope for better quality in the future..?
    the quality right now is so horrible that the videos are not watchable imo.. :-/
    Yes. You have permission to hope.....you're welcome
    01-01-09 05:50 PM
    Yes. You have permission to hope.....you're welcome
    lol...so mean...and yet so funny
    01-02-09 06:22 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD