Had an issue with All Applications screen when selecting menu and choosing "Options" to set Icon placement or Change Wallpaper, any option that is changed causes the Storm to loose capability to re-access that menu again.

Issue number 2 : Storms with the "Verizon Check" Wallpaper are unable to change to the "Storm" theme...

In the Verizon Store I was succesful in causing 7 Storm's (including one belonging to a Clerk) to fail. replacing the battery allows you to make changes one more time.......

Went back to the Curve..........ALL HAIL THE CURVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-06-09 08:34 AM
    Issue 1 happens on some phones, not all, and is software related.

Issue 2 is not an issue because there is only one theme for the Strom ATM, so I can't imagine what you're trying to change it to..
    01-06-09 08:54 AM
    Last line looks like this thread is a candidate for the Rants and Raves Sub-Forum. OP not looking for help.
    01-06-09 09:00 AM
    Not had that problem when running .75 or now with .85. For the most part things are running well.
    01-06-09 09:04 AM
    I have none of the 2 mentioned issues and I am running. 85. I think the OP is afraid of the Storm!
    All Hail the Storm!!
    01-06-09 09:33 AM
    Have had a Storm since DAY One. have not had either of those problems
    01-06-09 09:45 AM
    Sweet. I have not had either issue. I sense a little hyperbole in the OP's statement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 09:46 AM
    I continue to experience issue #1 after attempting to change background twice in a row. A battery pull resolves the situation until another two attempts. At least there is a workaround for the time being.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 10:18 AM
    lol , both of these issues are highly known , in regards to the verizon screen and only being able to access the wall paper options menu via > menu from home screen > options its a bug in the latest OS's and will be fixed not sure why you went back to the curve , when the storm has only been out couple months.... also MODS please move to rants/raves ! thanks
    01-06-09 10:42 AM
    I have an issue with my Storm where the screen is constantly coming on and off. If I don't leave it plugged in, it drains the battery. Any one have the same issue?
    01-06-09 10:47 AM
    I have an issue with my Storm where the screen is constantly coming on and off. If I don't leave it plugged in, it drains the battery. Any one have the same issue?
    Yes. Its a bug of some sort that has been noted already. I also have it where the keypad and/or the screen while charging "flickers" in a way, basically, where it dims, then brightens back up right away, which is probably a related if not the same bug causing the first one.
    01-06-09 11:57 AM
    Yes. Its a bug of some sort that has been noted already. I also have it where the keypad and/or the screen while charging "flickers" in a way, basically, where it dims, then brightens back up right away, which is probably a related if not the same bug causing the first one.
    Thanks for the info, I recently remove the battery and problem went away.
    01-07-09 01:22 AM
    Sorry for the rant/rave here . My apologies, thanks all you guys for input + and - ........... I am a newbie after all
    01-23-09 01:24 PM
    I have issue #1. To eschew the Storm over issue #1 is downright laughable.

You change your home screen options bi-minutely? Set it once, yank the battery for a reboot, and boom, you can access it again if you need it.

Has it really come to this for whining.........

I missed the good ole days when people just bashed the phone for being a poor phone
    01-23-09 02:05 PM
    i'm actually having that issue with not being able to use the "storm" theme...i've only been able to use the verizon check theme...it says the "precision zen" theme is active....i will actually randomly see a small part of the storm theme if my phone lags a little while i'm turning it to the side, or have just pushed an icon...not sure why it doesn't work..
    01-25-09 10:36 PM
    i was not able to use the storm theme either even though it says it is active...any ideas on how to fix this
    01-27-09 03:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD