I was wondering if I could have two phones on THE SAME LINE? I wanted to have a curve and my storm on the same line and receive the same info and calls, just alternate phones everyday or something

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:12 AM
    i don't believe thats possible, you can however alternate phones every other day or every other week or whichever you want. all you have to do is call verizon technical support and have them switch the number over to whichever phone you want to use.
    02-18-09 09:15 AM
    Not possible with Verizon, you could probably do it with one of the GSM carriers by just moving your SIM card between phones but that won't work with a CDMA carrier.
    02-18-09 09:16 AM
    Ok thanks for the quick responses I appreciate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:21 AM
    i don't believe thats possible, you can however alternate phones every other day or every other week or whichever you want. all you have to do is call verizon technical support and have them switch the number over to whichever phone you want to use.
    i remember that you can do this yourself if you access your account online...that way you wont have to keep calling
    02-18-09 09:23 AM
    With Verizon is there a charge if you change your device yourself online?
    02-18-09 09:42 AM
    Way to think outside the box... Someday they will have a nice web interface where you can switch to what phone you want... but for now, you are stuck with two numbers for two phones. Someday your dream will be realized, I have faith.
    02-18-09 10:13 AM
    I've done it several times and never been charged but I'm not sure if that's standard or if I'm special. I'm pretty sure there's no charge though.
    02-18-09 10:16 AM
    I think they reserve the right to charge you for it, but generally don't. If they notice you keep doing it often, they might decide to exercise that right, but if it's just once in awhile, I don't think they figure it's worth the effort to bill for.
    02-18-09 11:04 AM
    I always activate my phones via the Verizon Wireless web site and I have never paid any fee for doing it that way.
    02-18-09 11:21 AM
    there is no charge to set your phone up via internet, you are doing all the work for them.
    02-18-09 11:30 AM
    Or you could just use that little feature that FORWARDS your calls, to your phone, however you would loose the BlackBerry Messenger, every other day.

You would also get the same information, granted you have everthing setup the same on both phones.

Just a simple thought.
    02-18-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD