Okay, so not only am I new to my Storm (I've had it for about a week) and am a Verizon user, but I've finally decided to suck it up and get on Twitter. I'm using Twitterberry and even tweeted once from my phone so I know it's working.

My questions are 2.

1) Will new tweets from people that I'm following pop up as text messages when they tweet? And if not, how can I set it to notify me when someone does?

2) Is there any way to set an icon for Twitterberry so that I can access it more easily than going to my downloads and getting it that way? I don't even know if it's possible to create icons other than those provided with the BB Storm. This is also my first BB btw.

Thanks in advance.
    03-04-09 06:56 PM
    If you highlight the twitter logo then hit the BB key, you will see an option that says move to folder. Select move to folder then select home if you want it on your main screen or which ever folder you want it to appear. As far as the tweets, I dont think it notifies you, you can refresh your friends timelines but I'm not sure if you would get a notification...Hope this helps
    03-04-09 07:05 PM
    What exactly is Twitter? I keep seeing this everywhere but I have no idea what it is? Is it like Myspace and Facebook? What is the purpose?
    03-04-09 07:09 PM
    Thanks for the tip on moving the icon! I was afraid that it'd only put it on the Home screen and not in the menu. It worked great, thanks. I was hoping that I could get updates via SMS so I didn't have to always check, but it not, oh well. Maybe in the next version of TBerry I hope. Thanks again.
    03-04-09 07:09 PM
    Is twitter simular to facebook? differences please? Twitterberry sounds interesting.
    03-04-09 07:12 PM
    It's like FB or MS in a way. Think of it as a form of IM, but only one sided. You "follow" a person on Twitter, and typically they'll post when they're doing something special or just whatever is going on with them at the moment.

Personally, I'm a gamer. I listen to a lot of podcasts and those people all twitter. When something happens in the gaming world, they'll post about it and I won't have to wait days to hear about it.
    03-04-09 07:13 PM
    FYI, it does notify when someone tweets. I went to "configure" and set how often I wanted it to check for updates. Then I went to "Sounds" in my BB, and made the sound what I wanted. Works fine.
    03-04-09 07:30 PM
    FYI, it does notify when someone tweets. I went to "configure" and set how often I wanted it to check for updates. Then I went to "Sounds" in my BB, and made the sound what I wanted. Works fine.
    Yep, that's how you do it. Just make sure you leave TwitterBerry running in the background.
    03-04-09 07:50 PM
    Thanks for the tip on moving the icon! I was afraid that it'd only put it on the Home screen and not in the menu. It worked great, thanks. I was hoping that I could get updates via SMS so I didn't have to always check, but it not, oh well. Maybe in the next version of TBerry I hope. Thanks again.
    If you want Twitter updates to show up as messages in your normal inbox, check out bbTweet. It does just that, but doesn't have as much functionality built in as TwitterBerry does.
    03-04-09 07:52 PM
    I have been playing with the bb apps... So far I go with tinytwitter. It doesn't do alerts but you can usually see all of the sweet without actually clicking to open the entry. Bbtweet was kewl but the alert didn't go away after I went in to the email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 08:42 PM
    Err tweets that is..darn spell check.

03-04-09 08:43 PM
    Twitter is basically a way to let everyone who follows you what you are doing at that moment. FB and MySpace has a lot more features.
    03-04-09 08:46 PM
    Anyone use TB and have Verizon? I'm wondering if the incoming tweets count against my text messages or not. I'm sure that my outgoing (the ones that I type) do, but I wasn't sure about incoming. I got a bit concerned after reading something on the side of one of the pages on Twitter when I registered my phone as a device. Check with your carrier! Ooops, I didn't check before registering my phone.

Anyone know? Thanks.
    03-04-09 09:21 PM
    Anyone use TB and have Verizon? I'm wondering if the incoming tweets count against my text messages or not. I'm sure that my outgoing (the ones that I type) do, but I wasn't sure about incoming. I got a bit concerned after reading something on the side of one of the pages on Twitter when I registered my phone as a device. Check with your carrier! Ooops, I didn't check before registering my phone.

Anyone know? Thanks.
    If you're reading and updating through TwitterBerry, it won't count against your text messages. It's all data.

I think you can use Twitter with SMS text messages, but I've never done it. Using it that way WOULD count against your text messages, obv.
    03-04-09 09:26 PM
    twitterberry is data-only.
    on twitter.com you can select to have tweets for a particular user sent to your phone via the "device updates" option.
    that is the only way it would "cost" you SMS.. and those messages simply show up in your SMS list, not in twitterberry.
    if you see tweets in your SMS list, then you are def using up your available text messages. if you do not see them there, you're good to go.
    03-04-09 09:27 PM
    My twitterberry isn't working. At least I don't think so. I'm new to twitter. Just signed up today. So I downloaded twitterberry but it won't go past the signin screen. The only options it gives are clear cache and test connection. Help please.

03-04-09 09:37 PM
    I've been using twitter berry for a little bit now. HAd it on my 8703e for about a year with no issues. However, I generally use it just for quick updates. It's easier to use than going to m.twitter. But for viewing my timeline, I prefer m.twitter.

With the storm, I am starting to use it more for the later as well. In terms of viewing my timeline, I find it is pretty speedy at updating my timeline (lags sometimes) and once it does, even though it only displays one line of info for each tweet, it's easy to click on one I want to read in full.

One problem I'm having is with sending pics though twitpic... looking into that issue now. Also, sometimes, the timeline just doesn't seem to want to load.

As for notificiations, I hadn't noticed that TwitterBerry would provide a notification of new tweets. If you really wanted to, and you had unlimited sms, you could set up your twitter account to update you via sms for certain people you follow. You can also update your twitter with sms, which I do sometimes as well.
    03-10-09 11:39 AM
    I'm using it on my Storm and it's working flawlessly except for Twitpic. Uploading pics is a nightmare, but that could have something to do with Verizon I guess, because it works fine from my Mac.

@ CarChic, if you haven't already gotten it working try this. Open Twitterberry. Goto the screen where you'd enter your tweet. Use the BB Menu button and then go to "Configure". At the top you can enter your Username and password. I had already signed up for Twitter on my computer, so my UN and Password were already registered with Twitter. Hope that helps.

As for notifications, go to "sounds", then to "Set ringtones", then to "Other" and you'll find Twitterberry. You can change the sounds for Friends Timeline, DM and Reply.
    03-11-09 02:15 PM
    Sending pics through Twitpic on TB is kind of a pain but here is how I found to do it:

1:Take a pic using the camera.
    2: Let it save to the phone, don't try and use the menu while stinn in camera mode.
    3: Exit camera and load Media Player
    4: Find the picture you want to send and select it so it's full screen
    5: hit the BB menu button and you should have a "Send to Twitterberry" option near the top.

if you are like me and have your Friend Timeline come up as default, you will have to hit "Back" once to the Tweet Entry screen and you should see the attached picture, then you can just type in your text and hit update.
    03-11-09 03:41 PM
    Yeah I that's pretty much how I've been trying to do it, but rarely have success. It always looks as if it's sending the image, but never seems to go all of the way. I found it easier to just email myself the pic, and post it to Twitpic when I get home. Too bad that I lowered the rez on the pics to try and help upload them, because once I move them to my Mac, they're too small to really do anything else with.

I think that it also depends on the time of day. If I do it during "off" hours, they seem to upload fine. During high traffic times like the middle of the day (East Coast Time), I have more trouble. Seems everyone in the world is awake and uploading.
    03-11-09 03:48 PM
    I havent used twitterberry before.
    03-11-09 04:54 PM
    Those of you having problems sending pictures, have you set your connection type to TCP in TwitterBerry -> Configuration?

Also, you do know you can e-mail pictures to TwitPc via e-mail and it'll post them to your time line right?
    03-11-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD