Its Sunday afternoon. The other 6 days of the week I juggle work, a relationship, Penguins hockey, and any remaining time and energy is spent on hobbies I'd love to have more time for so they might be more than just hobbies. Sunday, however, is a day to relax from it all in the comfort of home. Today would be the perfect day to upgrade my Storm OS. Wouldn't it? As opposed to Monday when most people have to go back to work?

Maybe, instead, I'll just plan ahead for the Storm2, right? Balance my checkbook, make sure I don't have to be at work the morning it becomes available... Oh, wait, forgot. Don't know when that is either.

I suppose Crackberry.com doesn't mind if I continue to hit their website a dozen times every hour while I sit here in the dark.

twiddling my thumbs...
    10-25-09 02:26 PM
    If people on CrackBerry knew of the definite release date, and had documentation to prove (which some have already) it would be all over the place. Trust me, no hidden information here, everything that is known, should be shared by now. And if people are holding out, well share the wealth!!!!
    10-25-09 02:31 PM
    LOL, all as of now is shared ! , there is soo much evidence pointing to this wednesday , that we can pretty much slap the name bible on it and have an instant 1000000 followers lol
    10-25-09 02:34 PM
    Sooks the frustrating thing for me is until Verizon official announces it there is little I can do to convince Verizon to up my annual upgrade date by a month... It's getting a little maddening.
    10-25-09 02:49 PM
    I suppose there might be a benefit to having purchased the Storm on Day 1 as I did. Verizon has already verified for me that I'm eligible for the promotion price with another 2-year deal. I won't have to wait.
    10-25-09 02:53 PM
    How did you do that? I got it on day one!
    10-25-09 02:53 PM
    Its Sunday afternoon. The other 6 days of the week I juggle work, a relationship, Penguins hockey, and any remaining time and energy is spent on hobbies I'd love to have more time for so they might be more than just hobbies. Sunday, however, is a day to relax from it all in the comfort of home. Today would be the perfect day to upgrade my Storm OS. Wouldn't it? As opposed to Monday when most people have to go back to work?

Maybe, instead, I'll just plan ahead for the Storm2, right? Balance my checkbook, make sure I don't have to be at work the morning it becomes available... Oh, wait, forgot. Don't know when that is either.

I suppose Crackberry.com doesn't mind if I continue to hit their website a dozen times every hour while I sit here in the dark.

twiddling my thumbs...

First of all, Pittsburgh is a dirty, filthy, run down city and the Penguins have a flamer in Crosby on their team. Secondly, the phone IS coming out on Wednesday. Call Verizon's Customer Service (1-800-922-0204) and you'll see. They confirmed it. I've already added it to a post - 9550 preorders - and you'll find all pertinent information.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 02:54 PM
    I read the following on Verizon's website:

"Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply)."

I called them to confirm whether this would apply to me, if hypothetically, the Storm2 were released shortly. He confirmed I would get the promo price.
    10-25-09 02:57 PM
    I read your 9550 preorder thread now... So you are saying that if I call they won't deny the release date?
    10-25-09 03:00 PM
    Yo, Skynardfan5,

Your opinion of Pittsburgh is remarkably ignorant. And, though I could care less about your opinion of Crosby, I'll point out how much I enjoyed watching Sid lift the Cup, followed by the team and Mario. The Penguins were gracious enough to invite all the season ticket holders to have their picture taken with the Stanley Cup, too. Its been an amazing summer in an amazing city, thanks. BTW, Skynard blows...

PS. Thanks for the info...
    Last edited by deke09; 10-25-09 at 03:06 PM.
    10-25-09 03:02 PM
    Yes deke09 but if you got a Storm 1 on launch day the earliest you could upgrade (technically without convincing Verizon to allow you to) is on Nov 21st of this year. With the release of the Storm2 on OCT 28th that's about a Month away...

When I call trying to convince them they always tell me that until the device is announced they can't help me as they don't know when it will be released. For all they know it will be released on Nov 21st so then I would not need a change on my account.

I called yesterday and they said there was no official date and they gave me the same wait till it's announced then we can see what we can do.

But if you are saying they should all know the release date today then maybe I should call?
    10-25-09 04:16 PM
    I called Verizon yesterday because I wanted to prepare myself for the release. I may not have asked every relevant question, but I told him I purchased the original Storm and wanted to know my status for upgrading to the Storm2. He looked up my account and didn't hesitate to confirm I would be eligible for a Storm2 purchase at the promo price with another 2 year contract. He seemed quite sure I would be happy when the phone becomes available.
    10-25-09 04:36 PM
    Well unless your annual upgrade date is on or before OCT 28th then you will NOT be able to upgrade unless Verizon gives you a variance. I called multiple reps over the phone and I averaged their explanations and this is what I got out of it.

1) Yes Oct 28th is the confirmed release date
    2) No pre-orders
    3) If you are within 30 days of your annual upgrade their super visor may grant you a variance if you convince them that your hardware is faulty... Like a bad screen click.. If they do grant it you MUST buy over the phone, other wise you will have to go into the store and convince them... Might be harder as they may want to see the phone I guess.

But any wiggle room on the annual upgrade is up to a super visor. I have not as of yet got someone who will change my annual upgrade date. I don't know if it's even possible.
    10-25-09 07:10 PM
    Not true. You can pay a $20 "early upgrade" fee at the time of purchase and viola...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 07:18 PM
    I just visited my local Verizon store. The woman I spoke with said I was eligible for an upgrade "now." I, however, did not become a member of the Verizon community until November of last year - the day the Storm was released. She mentioned I'm a year short of the New Every 2 $50 credit, but I'll receive the promo price when the phone is released. I haven't bothered to inquire, but my monthly wireless bill totals $130, so I wonder a bit whether that affords me some convenience.
    Last edited by deke09; 10-25-09 at 07:57 PM.
    10-25-09 07:49 PM
    You are a VIP Deke09. But I still don't understand why they say you are eligible right now. Also Skynyrdfan5 they will not usually let you upgrade for $20 until you hit the year mark on your 2-year contract. The program you describe is the annual upgrade.
    10-25-09 08:23 PM
    Yo, Skynardfan5,

Your opinion of Pittsburgh is remarkably ignorant. And, though I could care less about your opinion of Crosby, I'll point out how much I enjoyed watching Sid lift the Cup, followed by the team and Mario. The Penguins were gracious enough to invite all the season ticket holders to have their picture taken with the Stanley Cup, too. Its been an amazing summer in an amazing city, thanks. BTW, Skynard blows...

PS. Thanks for the info...
    You're right. Skynard does blow. Skynyrd does not.
    10-26-09 04:21 PM
    You're right. Skynard does blow. Skynyrd does not.

LOL... You got me. I clearly don't pay enough attention to him. Pittsburgh still rocks, though.
    10-26-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD