Are social scope or tweetgenius ever gonna roll out public offerings so that I can can determine whether they are better than ubertwitter? I like UT but I want to try one of the other two (particularly tweetgenius, which has been boasting of a "storm compatible version in next few weeks" for a few months now
    05-29-09 10:39 PM
    i use tweetgenius on my storm and love it, turn it to landscape and you wouldn't know a difference
    05-29-09 10:47 PM
    SS is awesome, definitely better than UT.
    05-29-09 11:04 PM
    i use tweetgenius on my storm and love it, turn it to landscape and you wouldn't know a difference
    So you just paid for the version they are offering (allegedly not storm compatible) and are using it on your storm without issue? Do you have to do that stupid thing where programs are not in compatability mode and you have to drag rather than touch, or does it react properly to touches on the screen?
    05-29-09 11:08 PM
    SS is awesome, definitely better than UT.
    Yeah, I wish I had caught their public beta... Anyone know any other way that I can get my hands on a copy (like an alx floating around or any other way to get OTA?)
    05-29-09 11:09 PM
    Another vote for SocialScope

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 11:10 PM
    So you just paid for the version they are offering (allegedly not storm compatible) and are using it on your storm without issue? Do you have to do that stupid thing where programs are not in compatability mode and you have to drag rather than touch, or does it react properly to touches on the screen?
    I am using it, and it works very well! It reacts fine to touches on the screen. The only thing that is ugly about it right now is the home screen in portrait. It cuts off part of the right side of the graphics... but it doesn't affect how the app runs at all. It looks great in landscape. And if you buy it now, I think they are still selling it for $4.99, but the price is going to go up later. Might be worth it for you to get it now. I really like it.
    05-29-09 11:13 PM
    I am using it, and it works very well! It reacts fine to touches on the screen. The only thing that is ugly about it right now is the home screen in portrait. It cuts off part of the right side of the graphics... but it doesn't affect how the app runs at all. It looks great in landscape. And if you buy it now, I think they are still selling it for $4.99, but the price is going to go up later. Might be worth it for you to get it now. I really like it.
    yes it is still $4.99. Yea it does cut off the direct messages to extent but you are still able to access it in portrait, and like Morf i havent had any problems with it not responding with the touch and click, its really good looking . Hey Morf (schmoopie) i might have to follow ya LMAO
    05-29-09 11:18 PM
    I got into the Social Scope beta when they had an open enrollment day not too long ago. I'd check the site regularly to see if that happens again.
    05-29-09 11:21 PM
    yes it is still $4.99. Yea it does cut off the direct messages to extent but you are still able to access it in portrait, and like Morf i havent had any problems with it not responding with the touch and click, its really good looking . Hey Morf (schmoopie) i might have to follow ya LMAO
    Be my guest!
    05-29-09 11:21 PM
    SocialScope FTW !
    05-30-09 12:01 AM
    thanks stiefler. Although I cannot enroll in social scope (even though I check site daily for addl open enrollment) I just paid for and installed tweetgenius despite it not being "optimized" for storm. My guess is that they think a bunch of people will jump on when they do optimize for storm, and they want to charge full, not half price, when they do, so they are telling people it doesnt work for storm. It does!
    Thanks Stiefler
    05-30-09 12:46 AM
    I'm wavering too with potentially purchasing TG. I just don't know if I see the benefit of paying for an app that has a great free alternative, UT. I'm curious to hear from those who have had both. I'm still dying to get social scope but I'm sure its not really feasible at this point! I wish there was at least screen shots regularly, I know there are some but it feels like a figment of my imagination.
    05-30-09 12:51 AM
    Wow, everyone on storm who likes twitter and doesnt mind paying 5$ should get tweet genius. it is very very nice on storm. But it is a boy genius report product? what is up with that?
    05-30-09 12:52 AM
    I'm wavering too with potentially purchasing TG. I just don't know if I see the benefit of paying for an app that has a great free alternative, UT. I'm curious to hear from those who have had both. I'm still dying to get social scope but I'm sure its not really feasible at this point! I wish there was at least screen shots regularly, I know there are some but it feels like a figment of my imagination.
    It is great. I love ubertwitter but this is better. if you dont mind blowing the 5$ it is well worth it
    05-30-09 12:53 AM
    Also, IMHO the scrolling is tons tons better then UT
    05-30-09 12:55 AM
    Signed up for SS a long, long time ago. Never heard a peep. Finally gave up on it and went with UT. If and when TweetGenius finally gets a storm version, I might give it a try, but $5? For a Twitter app? Nah...I'll take whatever is free. A Twitter app just isn't that important to me that I'd pay for it. FileManager Pro, QuickLaunch...now those are apps worth my money, but a social network? Nah.
    05-30-09 08:12 AM
    I have tried them all (UT, SS Lite, and TG) and for now, I have settled on TweetGenius. It works more than OK on the Storm and if I want to leave it running (like when I am at a Tradeshow), it seems to be the least objectionable on memory usage. I also like the feel of the screen better than the other two. Gives me a little more space and seems easier to read. Yes, you DO have to use it in landscape mode. However, thats a small price to pay.
    05-30-09 09:16 AM
    I have tried them all (UT, SS Lite, and TG) and for now, I have settled on TweetGenius. It works more than OK on the Storm and if I want to leave it running (like when I am at a Tradeshow), it seems to be the least objectionable on memory usage. I also like the feel of the screen better than the other two. Gives me a little more space and seems easier to read. Yes, you DO have to use it in landscape mode. However, thats a small price to pay.
    You don't have to use it in landscape... the only thing that looks better in landscape is the home screen of TG. Everything else looks great in portrait, too.
    05-30-09 10:36 AM
    You don't have to use it in landscape... the only thing that looks better in landscape is the home screen of TG. Everything else looks great in portrait, too.
    I prefer it in landscape and that is definitely the way to go on TG, but you are right, portrait looks good too except for the one screen that is cut off...
    05-30-09 11:49 AM
    Btw Morf, I am glad that we could put aside our differences about who is the number 1 site and who was the first (or only, depending on your interpretation) site to promote 148 launch, and agree on something as monumental as top twitter app for Storm...I feel we have really made some progress
    05-30-09 11:53 AM
    Btw Morf, I am glad that we could put aside our differences about who is the number 1 site and who was the first (or only, depending on your interpretation) site to promote 148 launch, and agree on something as monumental as top twitter app for Storm...I feel we have really made some progress
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha! I was just having fun giving you a hard time... we have definitely made some progress here!
    05-30-09 12:01 PM
    Socialscope FTW

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 05:16 PM
    For those of you who want Social Scope screenshots, I can provide them if I'm allowed to during the beta! Am I allowed? lol I don't remember being told not to.
    05-30-09 06:00 PM
    Here are some screencaps of Social Scope. The latest update increased the size of the tabs at the top to what you see in these pics.

I blocked out some names so I apologize for the ugly black lines, lol.

If there's anything specific you want a screencap of, let me know and I'll upload it.
    05-30-09 06:46 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD