OK, I went to...
    Sounds > Set Ring Tones/Alerts > Messages > and there I basically turned off everything for (1) email (2) level 1 and (3) PIN

BUT, the phone STILL rings/vibrates when a new email message is received.
    Why?
    12-05-08 05:49 PM
    Do you only use one profile? I think you need to edit each profile separately.
    12-05-08 05:52 PM
    nope, those settings stay the same with every profile. Just checked.
    12-05-08 05:53 PM
    nope, those settings stay the same with every profile. Just checked.
    known glitch
    12-05-08 05:54 PM
    haha, that's hilarious. So basically I cannot completely turn off email notifications?
    12-05-08 05:57 PM
    haha, that's hilarious. So basically I cannot completely turn off email notifications?
    Until they sort out the ability to edit individual profiles, you can just create a custom profile where everything is set to off. I haven't had any problems with custom profiles not doing what I ask them to.
    12-05-08 05:59 PM
    Do A Search!!!!!!!!!!
    12-05-08 05:59 PM
    I have each email set to silent and it works for me. Just LED notification left on.
    12-05-08 06:01 PM
    I have each email set to silent and it works for me. Just LED notification left on.
    That's exactly what I mean. Mine DOES NOT do that. It still notifies me.
    People who say "DO A SEARCH" really annoy me.
    A lot of the answers given contradict one another.

For one guy it works and for another it does not.
    12-05-08 07:44 PM
    the sound profiles completely SUCK. they do not do what you tell them to, everything is so random it is really aggravating me.
    12-06-08 02:44 PM
    That's exactly what I mean. Mine DOES NOT do that. It still notifies me.
    People who say "DO A SEARCH" really annoy me.
    A lot of the answers given contradict one another.

For one guy it works and for another it does not.
    What people are saying is to make a new profile through the "PROFILES" menu (click the speaker icon at the top of the banner). That's how I do it, and it works. There's a known issue with the "Sounds" menu, so don't edit your profiles that way. That's basically what everyone is saying.
    12-06-08 02:48 PM
    I created a custom profile to cure this problem. This issue was not addressed int the .75 update, unfortunately
    12-06-08 04:38 PM
    Having same problem here. Will try to do a custom profile until the fix the known issue.
    And for those saying " Do a search" come on guys. This Forum has become nothing but a bashing thread. There is so much irrevelant complaints here that one has to search through the crap just to get answers on valid posts.
    Its only a phone people.....life will go on with or without the Storm
    12-08-08 07:50 PM
    I looked into this and my profiles seem to work as intended. I have sounds off, but LED notification on. I guess I never paid any attention to whether or not it worked properly with another configuration because I never configured it any other way.

Sorry I cant be more help.
    12-08-08 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD