Can you turn on/off emails without deleting it? I travel off and on for work and its nice to have my work email on the BB but not so much when I'm in the office. I tried searching throughout the forum but no luck. Can anyone point me to the right direction? Thanks

PS I just signed up today, I had this BB Storm since Christmas, thanks mom and dad! The .148 update works really well for my phone.
    06-04-09 11:16 AM
    you can't just turn off email. It's in the BIS/BES server so as soon as you turn it back "on" you are going to get all of your emails.
    06-04-09 11:33 AM
    you can't just turn off email. It's in the BIS/BES server so as soon as you turn it back "on" you are going to get all of your emails.
    In Email Setup, you could go to Filters and then choose not to send the emails to your BB. I don't know if you'll get flooded once you allow them to come back, but its worth a try.
    06-04-09 11:35 AM
    A lot of people in my office just set the Desktop manager to disable email redirection when their handheld is connected to the PC...and just keep their blackberries plugged into computer all day at work.
    06-04-09 11:40 AM
    There is also the Firewall (Options > Security Settings > Firewall).

This allows you to block all sorts of message types (SMS, MMS, PIN, BIS, BES). You can then selectively allow messages from either all contacts or specific addresses through. If you are on BES, you could block ALL BES, then your BIS would still come through. IF you are on BIS, not sure if this would work well for you.
    06-04-09 11:43 AM
    A lot of people in my office just set the Desktop manager to disable email redirection when their handheld is connected to the PC...and just keep their blackberries plugged into computer all day at work.
    but what happens when you go to lunch or take a personal call on your bb away from your desk. Seems like delaying the inevitable. Also, now, you have no way of accessing those email you redirected away from your bb. Seems a little strange considering it's an email device.

Maybe just set a profile for work that doesn't alert you of emails? Then at the end of the day go into that message folder and hit the top date and select mark prior opened?
    Last edited by citi; 06-04-09 at 02:19 PM.
    06-04-09 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD